Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!
I'm new to the forum and very excited to have joined...

I am looking for a white female Standard Poodle! I would even be open to a black but my first preference is white.
One that comes from great breeding - AKC Champion lines.

One that would be okay with breeding rights.

I am open to importing one, but it would also be nice to find one in the US... But again, I'm open to looking in other countries if anyone could recommend someone, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Side note: It doesn't have to be a puppy! I would be open to one that's a little older!

Thank you in advance :)

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Hi and Welcome to PF!

It seems that few conscientious breeders (DNA and health testing of sires/dams, showing to prove their lines, active in breed clubs, breeding themselves to maintain/improve the breed, etc) will sell a poodle with full reg to an unproven buyer. There's a recent thread with practically the same topic here Toy White Show Quality Female Poodle Puppy

Unless you're already involved in the show world, the best advice you're likely to get is to find a breeder/mentor to establish yourself with.

Breeders who sell full rights for just the price of admission are all over the place, but those don't sound like the kind of breeder you're hoping to work with, nor the dogs you're hoping to establish yourself with, and they aren't the kind I'd knowingly suggest to anyone.

I hope someone will drop by with more promising ideas. It is a Catch-22 for sure.

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
Hi and Welcome to PF!

It seems that few conscientious breeders (DNA and health testing of sires/dams, showing to prove their lines, active in breed clubs, breeding themselves to maintain/improve the breed, etc) will sell a poodle with full reg to an unproven buyer. There's a recent thread with practically the same topic here Toy White Show Quality Female Poodle Puppy

Unless you're already involved in the show world, the best advice you're likely to get is to find a breeder/mentor to establish yourself with.

Breeders who sell full rights for just the price of admission are all over the place, but those don't sound like the kind of breeder you're hoping to work with, nor the dogs you're hoping to establish yourself with, and they aren't the kind I'd knowingly suggest to anyone.

I hope someone will drop by with more promising ideas. It is a Catch-22 for sure.
Indeed. The cost - emotional, monetary, time - of bringing a dog to a championship is very high. Good breeders are going to be very careful of their reputations and where their breeding dogs end up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts