Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Very cute! Mine have the natural tail as well and we love it. We get asked at least daily if they are labradoodles though!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
heh heh, I am growing to love the natural tails especialy after spending the evening with Zephyr. His tail is SOOOOO cute!! Can't wait till Mel posts some of the pics we took. Haha, I'm sure she'll post a TON, she'd had him less than 24 hours and I with the ones I took added to the ones on her camera I'm sure there is at least 100 LoL.

·
Registered
25 Posts
long tails are the best tails

Hi there,
Just an opinion but natural tails are awsome, they are also humane. If you want to see how awsome they look check out one of Victorias best breeders of Red standards in all their natural glory. ( again my opinion ! and I am not short on them when it comes to tail docking I am afraid!)

http://www.shertonah.com/ourboys.htm or google Shertonah poodles as her site is really nice for those of us who love all sizes. My mini is very attached to his natural tail and would like me to say he thinks it is definatley the way to go style wise too! Woof!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I have a male with a natural tail (Flynn) and it is growing on me (well, not literally. It is growing on Flynn!) I grew up in a show home, and it will take me a while longer to totally accept the look.

It also isn`t so easy for breeders in North America, if their hope is to show or place some of their pups into show homes. Undocked tails are not the norm here, and I think it would be difficult to get a Poo with an undocked tail placed over a dog with a docked tail. While you CAN show with an undocked tail (I think) getting put up with one in the AKC or CKC ring is another story.

If they ever make it that you can only show with an undocked tail, I for one will do the happy dance. We do our own tails and dews, and while I would not ever have a vet do it, it is the only unpleasant experience of having a litter of puppies.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I'll second the vote for natural tails... the more people that start leaving tails natural, the sooner it will become more accepted, even in the show ring!! Rogan's long tail is gorgeous, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Not trying to be mean, just adding more information..... I think the long tail on the Poodle on the right just accentuates the fact that it has a really gay, almost squirrel tail.

Of course, if we go to full tails in this country, breeders will have to give more attention to breeding more correct tails. As it is now, many breeders actually favor a gay tail because it never goes down in the ring.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Your dogs are lovely... sharp picture!
I'd love to see your silver girl's pedigree. Can you share?
Natural tails get some 'getting used to'... and I can see why people like them that way, but also having one with, I know what I don't like about them. :fish:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Very cute! Mine have the natural tail as well and we love it. We get asked at least daily if they are labradoodles though!
We get the same question, "are they labradooles?" I am surprise by how many people do not realize that poodles have long tails (actually normal length tails).

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Your dogs are lovely... sharp picture!
I'd love to see your silver girl's pedigree. Can you share?
Natural tails get some 'getting used to'... and I can see why people like them that way, but also having one with, I know what I don't like about them. :fish:
Love your avatar! I aware it looks just like suri!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
this is yet another OLLLD post that gurushell has bought up about tails. *sigh*
cute pic though!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Really????

AUGH!!!!!!!!

People drive me nuts with that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts