Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long and just a vent. Something I had to write down and not spell check :p Maybe I can sleep afterwards.

This is sad to admit but John is going to have a lot to tell my doctor when she gets back from vacation the second week of Jan. Aside from all the grooming the week before and days of christmas I have been up and about and out of the house almost every day since being told to stay put. Not 100% my fault.... My mother drug me all over two days in a row shopping the first day was right after a doctors appointment and I was having contractions that day. She just HAD to go and look in the outlet mall at the baby outlet and buy just one thing, Ok mom thats not a problem how bad could one store be right? 5 hours later.... swollen feet, cramps, backache, and another doctor visit. Nice.
The very next day the story was I couldn't find what you wanted at Walmart and I don't know where to look but if you want to go look really quickly before I go home I will come get you and take you. Another 4 hour shopping trip to walmart, then lowes, then the dollar store, and back to walmart before I was about to die and begged to go home.
The next day, Christmas Eve, another doc appt. where I was reminded by the nurse to go home and rest. Nope, mom just had to go to petsmart and then take John and I to a late lunch at crackle barrel. I agreed like a dope because it would be sitting down 99% of the time. Then I remembered that in all the pre christmas excitement I had completely forgotten to pick up my mothers christmas present so we had to stop on the way home and grab it. While I was in line to check out I get a call that I am being summoned by the grandmother and must attend the candle light christmas service at church, tonight, in two hours. Sheesh, I'm 45 minutes from home right now. So I had to rush home, shower, dig out my nice clothes and pray that I can stuff my baby belly into something I had so I would be presentable. Then I had to explain to John what was likely to happen at said christmas service since it would be kind of different from what he had been used to as a child and young adult. Off we go and we pretty much got there on time, only two minutes later than we said we'd be but before the service started so thats good. After I finished cussing in the parking lot (john doubled over laughing of course) because I got stuck and couldn't get out of the car (I'm sure the almighty would have like me to limit my choice of words at that moment) we got a surprise and the reason why the service wasn't optional for us. My aunt and uncle had magicly appeared from Denver as a christmas surprise, which was cool. We didn't get home till after 10 that night though. Ugh.
Then my grandmother felt a little out of control of the family, she is the boss afterall lol, so she decided to just cancel christmas morning and send all our presents home with us christmas eve to open on our own. I wasn't having any of that non family togetherness nonsense though so I invited my mom and the aunt and cousin who live here over for breakfast and presents christmas morning. Grandma found out about it later and got super upset that she didn't get invited... well uhhhh you made it kinda clear you were grouchy and didn't want to spend christmas morning with us so whats your problem?? In hindsight, another moment where I could have kept my lips sealed.
Christmas dinner was uneventful for the most part except I had to remind John twice NOT to eat the stuffing and be careful to only eat turkey from the outside of the bird, anything with skin still on it is safe. My grandmother just does NOT understand that cooking stuffing inside the turkey isn't the best idea unless you really are going to seriously dry out the bird and or check the temp with a thermometer to make sure it is safe. I used to get horrid vomiting and other rear end symtoms often with fever for two days almost every christmas or thanksgiving before I made the connection thanks to the food network. Three people got sick this year grandma included but nobody will believe me so whatever. Next year I think we will take the turkey and stuffing cooking duties away from grandma, she can make the green bean stuff instead maybe.
Since my parents are divorced and each is convinced the other is the anti-christ we have to visit each family unit seperatly plus John's parents about an hour away. To shorten the story it was a LONG day, again spent out of bed.
The day after christmas wasn't so bad but we had the poodle playdate so I was on my feet for that plus I was playing with my new steam mop and so on my feet steam cleaning everything that didn't have four legs and fur. Same thing on Sunday lol.
Today was the worst though. I had to go back to the doctors and when my mother showed up to pick me up imagine my surprise to see my entire family piled into the mini van... Oh lord... I called John right away and told him I was sorry in advance for any crazieness that he was sure to hear about from the nursing staff later. Well Had I known what an adventure it was going to be I would have tried not to go. After the testing and monitoring was done we went to lunch at one of the tourist traps down here on the beach and waited an hour to be seated, there is no seating int he waiting area so I was dying with back aches by the time it was our turn. Then shopping and then to the beach, cause ya know it's only 30 degrees outside it'll be fine... BRRRR!!!! Meanwhile me in lightweight t-shirt and super lightweight capri pants b/c I was dressed for my testing at the birthing center in easy to adjust or remove clothing. I was freezing!! Then everyone starts talking about these big dinner plans, uhhhh No, I'm not going. I tried to use the excuse that I really needed to get home and let the dogs out to potty since they weren't let out for very long this morning because I didn't expect to be gone so long. Didnt work, we just stopped by the house long enough to let the dogs out and they I was drug off again for dinner with my sick with god knows what kind of respitory infection grandmother. Grreeeaatt! Poor John who was working tonight didn't even get to come and missed all the fun where motor mouth me forgot to check in with my brain before speaking and told my grandmother that I really hoped she would grow up before the baby was born because I wasn't going to let him around her if she was going to act like a five year old (banging on the table fork and knife in each fist chanting we want food...) at dinner in the cracker barrel. Yup I had to eat there three times this week. Again in hindsight I should have maybe kept that thought about grandma to myself. She does it every time we go there though and she isn't senile or even really that old and gosh I KNOW people in here knock it off and act like an adult! If you wanted something to eat right this second we passed a burger king, taco bell, McD's, waffle house, KFC, and a whataburger to get here. There is also the good ol country store that sells various yummies five feet away go buy yourself something and hush.

When John got home and found out I had been out and pretty much on my feet since 10am this morning he was FURIOUS. Especially when I had a contraction bad enough that he could feel it with his hand on my tummy which has never happened before and he realized I had been asking to be brought home all day. So I had to sit there for 30 minutes with him poking at me to make sure I wasn't going to have another one in which case he was planning to haul me back to labor and delivery willing or no. I think he was also mad that grandma chose tonight to go out knowing he was working and leaving him out of dinner and family time. Poor guy, he had ramen noodles for dinner.
I have vowed to stay home by myself tomorrow since the aunt and uncle are leaving in the morning. I know I won't stay in bed though, I am so behind on laundry and general housecleaning, that steam mop is wonderful but it doesn't pick up and put away things lol. I will have plenty to do over the next several days.
After the past week though my back is killing me, I'm crampy, crabby, and want to poke somebody in the eye. I also have this mad desire to steal my hubby's box of mike & ikes that I put in his christmas stocking. Must... resist... lol

Now for the really ironic and MOST ANNOYING part of this situation. My mother who has nothing better to do than reply to my status messages on facebook is ALWAYS griping on there about how I am supposed to be resting and shouldn't be out shopping, or grooming, or this or that. I'm sorry... What?? YOU'RE the one dragging me around and not letting me go home when I get tired. So I posted that in reply to one of her little blurbs about it and she wrote back for the benifit of the other two people in the conversation that yes she just can't say no to me when I want to go somewhere even if saying no I won't take you is for me own good. I almost threw my laptop across the room when I read that (hormones) and then I laughed myself silly for 10 minutes because I have not once asked to go anywhere except to walmart that one time to look what the transformers movie she was going to pick up for me since I wasn't supposed to go. :doh:

Ok rant done, feel better. :) I can sleep now if Nicholas will tone it down a notch and quit working on whatever dance or kickboxing move he's reccently learned and is beating my ribs up with at the moment LoL Ahhh the joys of hoo hoo poisoning :preggers: ROFL.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
lmao, I'm sorry, but when it all comes spewing out like that, it really is funny!! Perhaps it'll be *another* year or two before we think of kids.... lol!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lmao, I'm sorry, but when it all comes spewing out like that, it really is funny!! Perhaps it'll be *another* year or two before we think of kids.... lol!
LoL, John took my shoes away today and put them in his car when he went to work. Then he dumped all my pants and my favorite t-shorts that I can still fit into in the washing machine and put them through a rinse cycle. He even took the clean ones and got them all wet so I had no choice but to wash the whole load when I got up this morning LoL and had no clean dry clothes in the meantime. Just what I wore to bed. It was his way of insuring I would stay home. It worked and today when my mother called I had two really fantastic excuses to stay home.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Oh you made my day. I can see my own husband doing that. Good luck with getting the rest you need. Keep us postd

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Good for John. Rest up girl, you really need it. Sounds like your mom called wanting you to go out again today. So glad that you had excuses to not be able to go.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
While your stories are always funny, you've got to put your foot down and get sturn with your mother!

If the baby is born with health issue's, ecspecially life long ones, you'll never forgive yourself for not taking the time to rest for his well being. Its only some weeks of rest to give little Nicholas a healthy beginning at life. Remind momma of that! lol

So start giving your momma the best excuse of all... a beautiful baby boy in your belly that needs to remain in there for a bit longer. Maybe now that the holidays are pretty much over, you'll be able to get some rest.

Take care woman!

also....good job to hubby for taking your shoes away! lol

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Gotta love family. In the end, you really need to take care of you and little Nicholas. I'm glad John stepped in. Hopefully, your family will be more understanding now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts