Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
that you just love about your poos or the little odd things they do that you cant stand. I dont know if a thread like this has been posted before but I'd love to hear about your poos :)

I'll go first.
With Atticus it has to be his kicking/bouncing thing he does when he gets excited, I've never seen any other dog do it. I'm sure you've all see a video of it on here but I'll add one on here too. Also when he first wakes up in the morning he comes up to my face and does a biiiigggg yawn and makes a really weird screetching noise, stretches and burps. Another weird thing he does which I HATE is when he licks your face he ALWAYS has to get his tounge up your nostril! Its disgusting and I cant stand when he does this, he does it to my mom also. lol.

him demonstrating his kicking/bouncing dance, this videos from a couple weeks ago, I havnt taken any recent ones but he does this daily! haha
http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k66/lazybutbeautiful93/dogs/?action=view&current=0103002104a.flv

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Oh man I love Atticus' kicking thing, that is way too cute!! I've never seen any other dog do it before either. :)

I gotta say I love the way Desmond and I play. I don't know if it's "normal" but most dogs I've met don't like to play like we do.
And I don't know if this counts as a quirk, but sometimes in the morning if Desmond and I have just woken up and he's cuddling with me in my bed, he'll yawn like 1000 times. Some are little half yawns, some are big yawns, and then he does this thing where he looks like he's about to yawn, but he just sticks his tongue straight out like a frog, and hold it there for a second. It's just the cutest darn thing. :D

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
That video of Atticus never gets old! I laugh out loud every time I watch it.

The only little quirk I can think of for Teddy is the way he makes a little honking sound (when playing with someone or the cat) that sounds like a goose. I'm not kidding. LOL

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Atticus makes me want a smaller poodle !! He's awesome LoL

Jazz's quirk I guess is that she thinks she is a lap dog and will climb up (or if you're really unlikely get a running start and JUMP) into your lap. She also is such a 'tard when it comes to training, she rolls over and wags her tail so hard you think it might fall off. It's like she's saying "come on mom... you don't reaalllyyy want me to work on that, what you REALLY wanted was to rub my tummy riiiight?? LoL

Saleen's quirk is that when she passes gas she wags her tails really really fast like she's trying to fan it your way. Most of the time she doesn't notice but gosh she's such a gross dog sometimes. It sounds like my hubby farted but you look over at saleen and see that tail going 90 to nothing and hahaha you know it was her.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lulu is a snorter. I don't mind it, it's actually cute. Mostly when she is greeting us. She rubs her head against our legs and snorts up a storm!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
OMG, Teddy did the Atticus leg kick outside this morning after he peed. It was so funny. I wonder if he saw me watching the video of Atticus and thought, "Hmph, I can do that too!". LOL

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OMG, Teddy did the Atticus leg kick outside this morning after he peed. It was so funny. I wonder if he saw me watching the video of Atticus and thought, "Hmph, I can do that too!". LOL
Hahahahaha thats awesome. I wish Atticus and Teddy could meet! lol

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I love how Matrix stretches out to smell something he is unsure of, or how he jumps out of his skin when he sees a feather. He's terrified of them!
With Mitch, I love and hate how he shows us affection. He'll stick his face right into mine and then do this kind of love bite thing. Sometimes he gets too excited and nibbles too hard though! I call it "bitey face"

·
Registered
187 Posts
Oh, I wish I could watch the video! (I'm on an iPhone, my hubby has the computer for schoolwork).
Flash has loads of quirks, but my absolute favorite is when he greets me after a "long" absence (anything over six minutes), he'll stick his nose between my knees and shove his whole face hard into my legs.
His other cute quirk is his obstinate habit of stretching luxuriantly when he doesn't want to obey a command. It's a full downward dog (for you yoga fans) and he knows how much I love it! I still make him do what I asked, but he likes to delay the inevitable. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh, I wish I could watch the video! (I'm on an iPhone, my hubby has the computer for schoolwork).
Flash has loads of quirks, but my absolute favorite is when he greets me after a "long" absence (anything over six minutes), he'll stick his nose between my knees and shove his whole face hard into my legs.
His other cute quirk is his obstinate habit of stretching luxuriantly when he doesn't want to obey a command. It's a full downward dog (for you yoga fans) and he knows how much I love it! I still make him do what I asked, but he likes to delay the inevitable. :)
Lulu does that too! She loves to have her muzzle rubbed, so she rubs it against me and sticks her face between my legs. She can be quite forceful and she's snorting all the time she's doing this.

And I call her Yogi Bear all the time because she does that downward dog thing. I just wish I could stretch like her!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts