Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a helpful hint to all Poodle people. At the recommendation of my best breeder friend, I bought a Bissell Little Green Machine about a year and a half ago. This little cleaner is worth its weight in gold. We have carpet in our livingroom and hall, and while it is wonderful for spot cleaning if one of our Grandsons spills juice, it is a Godsend when you have dogs in the house. If you have carpet anywhere and want to save your sanity, I highly recommend them. One of the dogs had an accident in the hall the other day (the carpet is off white) and that little power house had things as good as new in no time flat. Just wanted to share that tidbit in case you had never heard of them, or wondered if they were any good.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
what kind of cleaner do you use in it?

I just got an H2O steam mop ultra and YAY!! Finialy something that will clean the carpets. I'm really really impressed so far. Our carpet gets funky when it gets humid outside. Previous owner had some serious pet issues and no matter how much we clean it always comes back. We usually have to rent a rug doctor every four weeks or so. The steam mop has a carpet thingy and I dunno how well it really cleans but I do know I was able to get down on my hands and knees and put my nose to the carpet and smell nothing for the first time ever. Even after using the rug doctor thingy I can usually detect some sort of odor but now with the steam thingy. Best christmas present ever lol. I hope to get rid of the carpet this comming year. But maybe int he meantime I can add a bissel as well for the rare occasions when somebody has an accident on the carpet. I don't know if I trust the steam mop to take care of that all on it's own.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
That looks really similar to what we use, which is the Bissell Spotbot. You just press a button, walk away, and it kinda does the work for you.. hehe, I guess it's the lazy boy way of cleaning? However, I can clean up poop and pee nooooo problem, but when it comes to throwup I'm pretty much useless. With both my cat and dog knowing where to go potty at, that's pretty much the only mess they make. Get the solids up and our spotbot does wonders.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
That looks really similar to what we use, which is the Bissell Spotbot. You just press a button, walk away, and it kinda does the work for you.. hehe, I guess it's the lazy boy way of cleaning? However, I can clean up poop and pee nooooo problem, but when it comes to throwup I'm pretty much useless. With both my cat and dog knowing where to go potty at, that's pretty much the only mess they make. Get the solids up and our spotbot does wonders.

I have a spot bot... best money I've ever spent.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I have no carpets !!! Nothing that can "hold" any kind of dirt or can not be put in the washer exists in my home :bounce:

Wood floors, tile and stone rule ;) !

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Yes Ponki :)- that is the main reason I pulled my carpets out. We all have allergies in my household and it made a HUGE difference ! Cleaning is so fast and easy without carpets - I can not even imagine going back :wacko:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I can't wait until our carpets are gone. Frankly I could totally be ok with pulling them up right this second, like tonight, and living with the concrete floor underneath but John won't go for that. He wants to wait until we can afford to replace with the "wood" flooring we are looking at.

Anyone have an reccomendation on vaccumes by the way? We have two and I don't care much for either of them on our carpet. Both worked great on the carpet in our appartment but that carpet wasn't crap LoL, what we have now in the house is so hard and flat and stamped down it's like having a hard floor that absorbes liquids. Ugh!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what kind of cleaner do you use in it?

I just got an H2O steam mop ultra and YAY!! Finialy something that will clean the carpets. I'm really really impressed so far. Our carpet gets funky when it gets humid outside. Previous owner had some serious pet issues and no matter how much we clean it always comes back. We usually have to rent a rug doctor every four weeks or so. The steam mop has a carpet thingy and I dunno how well it really cleans but I do know I was able to get down on my hands and knees and put my nose to the carpet and smell nothing for the first time ever. Even after using the rug doctor thingy I can usually detect some sort of odor but now with the steam thingy. Best christmas present ever lol. I hope to get rid of the carpet this comming year. But maybe int he meantime I can add a bissel as well for the rare occasions when somebody has an accident on the carpet. I don't know if I trust the steam mop to take care of that all on it's own.
There is a little bottle of cleaner made specifically for the Little Green Machine and Spotbot, and it is awesome. My cleaner has a turbo brush which I highly recommend.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't wait until our carpets are gone. Frankly I could totally be ok with pulling them up right this second, like tonight, and living with the concrete floor underneath but John won't go for that. He wants to wait until we can afford to replace with the "wood" flooring we are looking at.

Anyone have an reccomendation on vaccumes by the way? We have two and I don't care much for either of them on our carpet. Both worked great on the carpet in our appartment but that carpet wasn't crap LoL, what we have now in the house is so hard and flat and stamped down it's like having a hard floor that absorbes liquids. Ugh!
I have a Wind Tunnel and I love it, but we constantly have to bang the filter to clean it because once it gets clogged you lose suction. In 2010 I plan to buy a Dyson. I know a few people with canines in the home who have them
and love them. And apparently they never lose suction.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts