Poodle Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
FYI Jane Anderson doe NOT use the 80-10-10 model so be aware of that when reading. She also doesn't think much of green tripe which everyone on the FB group Raw Feeding Advice and Support rave about.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I am so grateful for a raw food diet for my spoo. Otherwise he would not be living, as he almost died on all of the kibble diets the vet tried.
Fortunately I have the support of local farmers who believe in what I do now.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I went to the first link, predator raw. This is what I have been feeding the dogs for 17 years.

As a foster home, I have dogs coming and going. They are sometimes sick, usually not really housebroken, and are too fat or skinny. I am unlikely to be given what the dog has been eating at the vet's, shelter, or foster home, and normally have no idea what brand it was. I start on raw immediately without skipping a meal and never have a problem. This is because, at least in part, the kibble has grain in it and raw does not.

I've seen dogs become peppy after just their first meal. One dog I had threw up everything he ate. I don't know why is was so fat since he seemed to upchuck everything. Anyway, he never threw up the raw.

I pretty much stick to chicken leg quarters. They have a bit of sweet meat/organ in the pelvis, and are easy to cut if I have a small dog. My rescues are mostly Boston terriers, so same size each time. I rarely give beef because it is hard to find meat with bones and the "soup" bones are really too big and hard.

Great thread

21 - 23 of 23 Posts