Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just spent 2 1/2 weeks away from home, our 8 month old standard poodle has been really relaxed, not as playful since being picked up from the boarding facility. I thought maybe he was sad and missed his play buddies, but today after a long walk I noticed he is favoring his right front paw... I had been questioning if he was limping or not the past 2 days, but I think it was so minuet that as soon as I would think he was limping he would seem to be not anymore.

Vet asap?? Wait for a day or too and see if it heals up, could be a sprain or something minor?? I looked all over his paw, leg.. seems fine. Anything else I can look for that I might not have thought of?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Are his toenails short? Last week I was grooming a dog that had been staying with us for boarding, and he had broken his toenail.

I would wait and see for a couple days, and see if the limp gets any better.

Hoping for a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I personally would just watch him for now since it doesnt seem to major. It could of been from many reasons. Is he allowed to play with other dogs while there? If so then he could of over done it. Otherwise many dogs tend to pace in their cement runs in a kennel situation. Perhaps he did that alot. If it doesnt work itself out then i would eventually have him vet checked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts