Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy Darcy is coming home on Saturday! I mentioned on other threads that he had mites, which I personally believe were sarcoptic mange even though we never had an official diagnosis. The good news is he started treatment on Saturday and immediately stopped scratching. He started Revolution about 2 weeks ago, and on oral Ivermectin this past Saturday. He is also on antibiotics to prevent a flare up from areas where he has scratched.

Due to all of the above and the fact that we believe in limited vaccination, he has not had any vaccination as of yet. He will be 9 weeks tomorrow. My question is whether anyone has any knowledge of vaccinating following drugs such as Revolution/ Ivermectin. I don't want to overwhelm his little immune system with drugs, yet at the same time don't want to wait too long to get him vaccinated as we have to get him out and about and both parvo and distemper are issues around here.

I was thinking of getting his first parvo/ distemper vaccine a week Saturday, when he is 10 weeks. That will be exactly 2 weeks after he started on Ivermectin. Any knowledge or opinions on this? I will of course also check with my vet, but wanted to see if some of our vaccine experts had a point of view first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,685 Posts
I am not a vet but I also believe in limited vaccines. However for me I would vaccinate asap. I think the risk of parvo and distemper are greater than any interaction with the ivermectin.as long he is healthy and doesn't have a fever.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top