Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did put these pics lso in an ongoing thread about Lily working with me on earning a Rally Champion title, but can't resist putting them here too. This was the first weekend we have been out to work since early March (COVID was already raising its ugly head then). We should have had about ten trials between then and the end of August, but finally we are back at it. She did a lovely job over two master entries in two days getting great scores and as you can see looking pretty chill about masks and all sorts of other odd new rules.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She smiled the whole way around that course (on Sunday)! So much for me thinking she would have forgotten what it was about. We have two trials in New Jersey on Sunday this weekend, then a break again since I didn't get into a local trial the last weekend in September. We will go back to the same place in NJ in October (already in) and November (COVID permitting).

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Fantastic! It must feel great getting back to trials after so many months (for both of you!) It looks like it was indoors?
I'm not surprised Lily took it in stride, being the seasoned veteran she is. Since we moved we haven't done any obedience matches or trials. But I am always amazed how Axel doesn't forget the exercises, and happily/enthusiastically will do them for fun whenever I ask.

·
Premium Member
23,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would have to look in her AKC title progression records to know how many times she has been in rally rings (lots and lots, like almost 40 Qs in Master and for RAE 11, over 220) so yeah it is imprinted in ways I probably don't fully appreciate. I do think she was a happy clam on the couch, but now she sure does seem to be enjoying being back at it. I just hope that at this point we don't have to stop again since I am concerned that we won't finish the points if that happens. I know she doesn't understand why we keep going, and that the title is bouncing around in my brain not hers, but I want it as a way for the world to understand how important a part of my life she is and always will be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts