Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go! From Texas to Canada and wherever else the wind may take us. (my daughter and I have done a few big road trips before - 10k miles or so, but it’s our first adventure with our Lilah pup)

From giant thunderstorms to towering red cliffs. I’ll update some pics throughout! We are hitting Colorado today ?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Me too MF. Love that southwest look of the red cliffs.

Ghost...I think road trips are the best. You'll have a blast. I took one a couple years ago and went and visited MF in California, then across to Arizona. It was sooo fun. Colorado is just gorgeous. What part of Colorado will you be seeing? Well...you'll be busy, but when you get a chance, maybe you can tell us more.

So you, Lilah and your daughter have a wonderful adventure. And yep, yep, yep...pictures are great! Have a blast!

Reactions: MaizieFrosty

·
Premium Member
23,582 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
Have a safe trip on your destination to cooler weather. I could never make such a trip (world’s worst driver, comfortable at 35MPH) but will enjoy your pictures.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Have a great trip and be safe! Wish it were me LOL!!!

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Here we go! From Texas to Canada and wherever else the wind may take us. (my daughter and I have done a few big road trips before - 10k , but it’s our first adventure with our Lilah pup)

From giant thunderstorms to towering red cliffs. I’ll update some pics throughout! We are hitting Colorado today ?

Oh so beautiful, thank for sharing your photos. I love seeing all the scenery along one path of travel. Enjoy every minute and so nice you can do it with Lilah too!

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
Have a safe trip on your destination to cooler weather. I could never make such a trip (world’s worst driver, comfortable at 35MPH) but will enjoy your pictures.
Glad I'm not the only one who prefers 35MPH or slower. I can drive at 70, but I have a death grip on the steering wheel and white knuckles. I'm learning to push my comfort zone, but it remains a challenge for me, too.

This trip looks amazing. Be safe and take lots of pictures.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: Lilah is alternatingly hilarious and annoying (aren’t all puppies?) - point one: she stole the bacon and we had to use the 30ft leash and tether her for meals. point two: we had a never ending supply of kindling as Lilah found ALL the sticks, and was equally excited for EVERY stick.

She learned to walk across a log bridge over a rapid rushing creek. (Tentative at first but non chalantly afterwards)

We usually do remote/free camping and found this amazing spot in the Roosevelt National Forest (about 30 mins from Rocky Mountain National Park)

The road was rough up but fun to test the Volvo’s off road ability for the first time. She handled well! (Catherine: as you are a long time Volvo owner and I am a former Subie owner, you may enjoy knowing how capable this XC90 is!)

We are in a hotel in Boulder tonight to do laundry, shower and needed to dry our hiking boots.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,582 Posts
Awesome to see all of that (including off roading in your Volvo, you know I got a new one last month, right?).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Made it to Canada! Lilah is the happiest looking ******* dog ? I’ll upload more pics later - I haven’t had service for ages! (Just have some WiFi at a restaurant right now)
As to the driving thing: I think it’s just my experience. My dad used to make us start learning about driving around age 6-7 - and we always went to visit family in Mexico and drove the whole 18ish+ hours. I started working oil field around age 16 and had to drive a lot for work. I guess when you have an 8 hour round trip commute at times (or more) you can’t really complain about driving over 35mph!

Hope you all are doing great.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
What a very special trip - wonderful memories.

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
Made it to Canada! Lilah is the happiest looking ******* dog ? I’ll upload more pics later - I haven’t had service for ages! (Just have some WiFi at a restaurant right now)
As to the driving thing: I think it’s just my experience. My dad used to make us start learning about driving around age 6-7 - and we always went to visit family in Mexico and drove the whole 18ish+ hours. I started working oil field around age 16 and had to drive a lot for work. I guess when you have an 8 hour round trip commute at times (or more) you can’t really complain about driving over 35mph!

Hope you all are doing great.
Breath taking ! Are you in Alberta, Lake Louise ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts