Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prince is white but he has some apricote hair on his back. I dont know who his parents are we got him from a petstore, I know not the best thing! But hey I was 8 years old when I got him! On his papers from the petstore it said he was an apricote. Anyway I dont know if its just because hes getting older but his apricote seems to be coming in thicker and there seems to be more. It also tends to be courser. Is there anyway to lighten it up?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
You could try using a whitening shampoo that might make it look whiter but besides dying or bleaching your dog there really isn't an alternative and I doubt you'd want to do either of those things.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The shorter you keep him, the whiter he will look. Those Apricot hairs are coarser and they stick out over top of the white fluff. He's most likely considered a "cream color". I love his big, dark eyes. I love his name too. I like the names Prince, Princess, Duke, Queenie etc.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
yup he's a cream- which will look white as long as he's kept shorter... they start sticking out? time for a nother full body groom :)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Just in the past year, Saffy went from being ICE white... to full on Cream!!
I don't know whether to like it or not! I miss my White Princess :(

Those coarse dark hairs you are talking about, are the Guard Hairs, and as P2P said, the shorter you keep him, the lighter he'll be :D

Saffy's breeder talked about this full on chemical dye/bleach product for dogs, I'm still not quite sure if i'll use it or not

1 - 5 of 5 Posts