Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I saw this while browsing on Amazon and it arrived yesterday. Had to test it out this morning so I spread some plain yogurt on it and Renn just stood there and licked and licked. I may like this and will do a better job of spreading something on it to occupy him when I cannot.

·
Premium Member
23,228 Posts
Mufar do you have a link to the item? I am not quite getting a mental picture. Since Lily is a big licker I think I might like to encourage her to lick something "useful" rather than randomly licking the furniture or me.

Reactions: Charlie's Person

·
Registered
450 Posts
Mufar do you have a link to the item? I am not quite getting a mental picture. Since Lily is a big licker I think I might like to encourage her to lick something "useful" rather than randomly licking the furniture or me.
Our Charlie is terrible about licking himself, especially his paws. Look forward to seeing what this item is

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts
Our Charlie is terrible about licking himself, especially his paws. Look forward to seeing what this item is

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
Have you ruled out allergies? Do you use any sort of cleaner on your floors? I suspect Peggy has an egg allergy, as she licked and chewed her paws for a few days after I gave her one.

Gracie used to lick her paws constantly when she was in pain. I was surprised to learn that's quite common.

·
Premium Member
4,115 Posts
Wow what a neat product. Will be getting one for Asta as he is a big licker and I think licking soothes him. Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought a two pack from amazon and they work really well! They came with one that had bigger spaces and one with smaller ones. I’ve put wet food, youghurt, pumpkin and peanut butter. This is the brand I bought.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Well I saw this while browsing on Amazon and it arrived yesterday. Had to test it out this morning so I spread some plain yogurt on it and Renn just stood there and licked and licked. I may like this and will do a better job of spreading something on it to occupy him when I cannot.
I've seen people use these at trials to keep dogs occupied in crates....just me I'm sure, but I worry about how much air they will swallow with the constant licking and since Standards are a high-risk breed for bloat, it's a no go for me. My dogs just sleep in their crates at shows and since they are a bit older, they occupy themselves just fine in other ways at home, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts