Poodle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I ordered this set of two lick mats and it comes with a scrubber brush.

I am using it for both my minipoos. It’s helpful to help train parts of grooming. I’ve been washing my puppy in a kitchen sink and love how much easier it is on my back compared to the bathtub. I decided to wash my adult Babykins even though she barely fits ..... I can lay this on the counter next to the sink as a fun distraction.

It’s a food puzzle to keep your dog busy for a short time especially if they are on crate rest.

I used strained baby food chicken and peanut butter. Soft cheese and pate textured dog food should work too.

They appear to be well made, nice and thick. My puppy played with one and left no damage.

I chose this because the pattern of suction cups on the back. This adheres strongly to any flat surface. I lined up a row of suction cups to attach it to my grooming arm on my grooming table (I knew that arm would one day be useful haha). This works for all sizes of poodles.

I washed it immediately after use and didn’t need the scrubbing tool but it’s nice they include it. Dishwasher safe too.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had this for Sisko! But I may have gotten a fake because it didn't stick like how it should have stuck.
I found all kinds of lick mats but I concentrated on getting one with good suction cups. Many had only a few cups or they didn’t seem functional. There’s a lot of poorly designed ones for sale too.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen this, they look like a great puzzle toy/distraction. I've also heard that the licking action can be calming. How long did it take for them to finish?
I’ll freeze it next time As Newport does. Strained baby food probably took a few minutes. With the peanut butter I had it in a baggie which I cut a tiny hole so it was a piping bag and I squirted on small sections as needed while I worked on puppy paws. The stickier thicker peanut butter took longer to lick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.