Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Louie now 1 1/2 years old is finally fully grown. He is very petite weighing in at 13 pounds and fully grown at 15 inches at the shoulder. Since I keep his body hair pretty short the hunt for sweaters is on. Recommendations for sites? Would like to sponsor US based artisans rather than but made in China sweatshop stuff...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Do you know someone who knits? A baby sweater is adaptable to a small dog, I have done it. You can choose the fiber you want as well as the color. Faire Isle looks great!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
You could maybe look on Etsy if you want to find something made in the US. I have to go shopping for new winter wear for my pups as well...if I see anything good, I will share!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My mom's 13 lb yorkie loves her pawz boots. They are rubber balloon things, made in the US, that you use a stretch to open then pop on her paws. They keep her feet dry and salt free, which seems to have more of an effect than her sweater at having a warm dog- and they dont fall off! One set seems to last a season.

Shedrow makes really nice coats, good quality, easy to put on, attractive. I intend to buy Annie one for this winter.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I love Etsy! I buy lots from there, and many of the artists will make things specifically for you (as in, for your dogs measurements)

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I have fleece blankets from Dover Saddelery are very nice. I’ve had them about five years and they wear well, are super easy to put on, and adjust to fit a lean poodle body and my stickier mixed dogs.

https://www.doversaddlery.com/dog-coats-blankets/c/dog2/

Peggythe parti, I bookmarked that site, those look like nice products!

Reactions: Moni
1 - 8 of 8 Posts