478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me name my silver standard boy. So here are our guesses:

Rune
Diesel (Hubby's contribution)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I like Diesel more but that's just me. I've seen a few silvers named Sterling and I think it a distinguished name. You could also look up some jewelry and cutlery brand names. James Avery is a popular jeweler here in TX, Avery would be cute.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
First of all I love Rune! Awesome name.

Here are a few:

Stormy
Silvio
Silverton
Chrome (I bet hubby likes that one)
Sterling

How fun! I envy those getting new pups!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
My silver male is called "Ben". His real name is Canams Silver Bently....after the car! One way to look up names is to go to the paint department of Home Depot and look up the gray shades and find a good name. Paints have great names....to bad its just paint.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Wow great idea about the paint never thought of that .. I had a Sterling He was reigistered as Grande Barouque.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is a good idea. I'm going to home depot tomorrow. My husband will think we are painting again...:)

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
I have a silver mini boy and his paternal grandfather's name is High-Ho Silver, his maternal grandmother's name is (Silver) Suede. Sometimes we clown around with him and call him "Silverado," though his name is Chagall. Other names for your boy (silly ones) could be Steeley Dan, Ash, Ashton or Grayson. I LOVE the clever idea of looking over paint colors to find name ideas--good one! I'll be using that approach when I next have the chance to name a new poodle in our lives. For now, we think Chagall suits our boy and he absolutely colors our world with joy and laughter!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts