Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some gorgeous pictures on here suitable for framing. It's also been mentioned a couple of times that someone should present their pictures for a local calendar.

Now that I am in printing promotions (PoodlePrints.com), I can create a PoodleForum.com calendar! I will contribute my time for the design time putting everything together. I also appreciate anyone willing to submit a picture and will give PoodleForum members a discount code. The regular price for a calendar is $22.98. With the discount code, you will be able to get a PoodleForum.com calendar for $15.99.

If you have a photo you would like to put in the calendar, post it here. Once we get enough contributors, I will PM you for a high quality image and get a photo release signed.

Rather than doing the typical seasonal photos, I was thinking we could do our part in promoting the breed. I have some ideas to work with and would appreciate getting some more ideas too. Here goes...

January
Poodle Sizes

February
Water Retrieval/Hunting

March
Poodle Solid Colors

April
Agility/Rally

May
Poodle Parti/Phantom/Sable Colors

June
Obedience Trials

July
Puppies

August
Tracking

September
Coat Clips

October
Fun/Goofy Photos

November
Structure (I was thinking of having the PCA's skeletal drawing on one side and a show dog on the other side)

December
Snow/Christmas

I hope you are as excited about this as I am! Let me know.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I think that's a great idea BFF! I don't have a poodle photo to contribute, but would be happy to own a poodle forum calendar. And I agree, some of the photos that are posted here are definitely calendar worthy!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I also think thats a great idea! I will try and add a pic for you to review....dont know if the quality will be good enough. I will certainly purchase a poodleforum calendar though.

Good job BFF!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ditto to all above! I can contribute different sizes...puppy and colors...Will take photos this weekend...I buy a poodle calendar every year so it would be FAB to actual "know" the dogs...

·
Registered
616 Posts
what about a desktop calendar that has 365 days instead of just months? that way everyone gets an opportunity to have their picture featured. In order to have your picture featured you have to buy a calendar. Any extra money we could donate to a poodle rescue?? just an idea

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea! I'm glad there is some interest. I don't have a 365 desk calendar to offer, so I won't be able to do one of those. I want to make certain we get everyone in there though. If we need to, we can make more than one calendar. Right now, I would like to see what pictures we get so we can figure out how to arrange them. It could be that we could fill up one calendar with colors and another with fun pics, ect.

I think it's a great idea to give proceeds to a poodle rescue. I'm always weary of the admin costs that some charities have. Does anyone know of one they feel is worthy?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I think that's a great idea too! They do it on the Maltese forum, but honestly Maltese look so much alike, I was never that interested. Poodles would be awesome. Just a bitty suggestion, they put together a collage for one month on the Maltese forum, so everyone can be part of it. I would love to have a Poodleforum calendar and I'm sure you'll do a great job.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I like the idea but can I make suggestions?

Put Rally and Obedience together since they are both part of Obedience.

Put tracking in with hunting.

Add a section for service/therapy poodles.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"Just a bitty suggestion, they put together a collage for one month on the Maltese forum, so everyone can be part of it." - Harley_chik

Harley_chik, I was thinking of doing a collage, especially for colors and clips. One thing I want to be careful of is not to have so many pictures in one month that they become too small to see. If we get an overwhelming response on colors, clips, or any particular category, I will make more than one calendar. I want to make certain everyone gets a chance to have their furbaby in it.

"Put Rally and Obedience together since they are both part of Obedience.
Put tracking in with hunting.
Add a section for service/therapy poodles." - cbrand

I think this makes a lot more sense. Thanks for helping clarify the certifications.

If anyone else has suggestions, I could use them! :)

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
That is really good idea. My husband is professional photographer, he is pro with photoshop and maybe he can help, if you need it :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
What a great idea. I don't think I have any that would qualify for your categories, though.

I like the idea of a collage, depending upon how many responses (the size of the pics) would be.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What a great idea. I don't think I have any that would qualify for your categories, though.

I like the idea of a collage, depending upon how many responses (the size of the pics) would be.
I think you could come up with a picture for either color, clip, or something fun (like frolicking with her toys)! My point is, find your favorite pic. I'll find a place for it. :D

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is really good idea. My husband is professional photographer, he is pro with photoshop and maybe he can help, if you need it :)
All sorts of envy!!! I have a photoshop and adobe illustrator. One of the things I know about them is that everyone has their unique style. It would be fun to have his help in the event I get swamped. Thanks for the offer.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
How about I give you the link to our photo albums on Webshots? It'd be easier them uploading them again.
That would be wonderful!

I was hoping to see more photos by now. Maybe I will browse around PoodleForum and start PM people to see if they want to participate. It would be really neat to have your favorite photos, even a link to a previous thread.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
BFF,
Do you want the photos put on here that we are interested in giving you the option of? Because I wasn't sure how you wanted to get them to take a look at them.

DUH... forget I asked...lol.... I just reread your first post. I read it fast the first time.... I will post some pics, will go search up ones I would like you to look at. :)

1 - 20 of 221 Posts