Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted for a while... If any of you remember Leeroy, I have some great news. He doesn't submissive pee anymore. It's been months. At best be did a tiny tiny dribble outside a few days ago when he was being a stinker, but other than that my husband is able to play chase and wrestle with him and Leeroy isn't afraid at all. He happily plays with his chew bones, he barks to protect our house, he greets visitors (shy at first but warms up quickly) and he guards the cats like he thinks they're his puppies. Our most feral cat loves getting close to him. Our shy, elderly cat actually snuggles close to him on the bed sometimes! He also approaches everyone at the pet store (including guys, which he was terrified of) and other dogs. Even alpha personality dogs. He keeps his tail high.

In short, all is well. He still acts really immature, but I think that's because he's finally being allowed to fearlessly express himself. It's so much fun to watch his joker antics. He's such a goon! And of course things aren't always perfect, some days he makes me want to pull my hair out lol. But he's an amazing dog.

(Oh! And we found a phenomenal groomer! Found out that the groomer we were taking him to was abusive, which led to his bloat over the winter. So now we go to a gal that's a little drive away, she grooms dogs in her little cabin. She sits and talks with them while waiting for the owners to pick the dogs up. She is so amazing! He always comes back so happy.)

September 4th was his 1 year anniversary with us, and he turned 2 at the end of May. Got him some special treats to celebrate each.

We love him so much!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
That is a wonderful update. Boys are a little slow to mature so goofy antics are to be expected for another year or two. Have fun while that lasts!

Reactions: dogsavvy and meljen

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a wonderful update. Boys are a little slow to mature so goofy antics are to be expected for another year or two. Have fun while that lasts!
Oh I know I am loving every minute of it even when I'm at my wit's end. At the end of the day I wouldn't trade Leeroy for the world.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,575 Posts
What a lovely update - and lovely photos too!

Reactions: meljen

·
Premium Member
9,750 Posts
I’m so glad he has a dog loving groomer. Buck’s groomer talks and finesses all of his clients into getting it done without drama/trauma. My boy was the poster dog for Peter Pan Poodle. Hang in there and keep a sense of humor:)

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
Glad to hear you are having a fun time with Leeroy. Pictures are so cute.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I was just thinking of you yesterday and was wondering. What wonderful news! What a great owner you are! I know all the trials you went through when you first took Leeroy in. You never gave up and you worked so hard and tried many different scenarios re training him to trust. You have done a fabulous job and now you have a fabulous dog. Congratulations . Hard work pays off.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Wow! What a happy update. You've done wonderfully with Leeroy. He's made leaps and bounds. It's too bad about the abusive groomer...hope word gets around. What a shame. But so happy you found such a kind of loving groomer. The pictures are amazing. Hope you stick around and share more of Leeroy's accomplishments along with his puppy shenanigans. So cute he is!

Reactions: meljen
1 - 11 of 11 Posts