Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Leash training can be one of the hardest things. It was when I first started. I thought it would be very cool if we could all make some youtube videos on various forms of leash training. This would give people a wide variety of options. I have seen different types of training work better with different types of dog personalities and people. I think it would be a great thing for this community. Nothing that has to be rushed, but I thought I would mention the idea.

I thought I would mention this because there are a lot of smart people out there that are perplexed by all the different methods. It would be great for each of you to do a video, talk about your dog's personality and your's, then what method of leash training worked for you. Even if you don't want to give a demo, I think this would really help those that kind of give up.

It's just an idea. If you don't like it thats fine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think that's a great idea. I however have never really leash trained Teddy formally. I think it would be nice to see what some of my fellow poodle lovers have done to help their dogs. I need to get him into some serious obedience training soon because he's starting to drive everyone nuts when they try to come to my house. He's very good with commands so I bet with a little more practice we could make a youtube video about walking the dogs without them pulling.....but who knows!? heehee good luck, i hope more people respond with yes'!!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I think its a fantastic Idea . I just got my new camera so I can start filming some HD videos :D

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Roxy _ can not wait to see any of the video or photos of your beautiful dog : )!

Yes, there are couple of methods , but all should work ! Puppy needs to start training early and training should be daily to achieve fast results. He/she should learn that there is no "going out for fun" without proper walking. With small breeds sometimes people forget that they are only small in stature - they see themselves as BIG dogs and have to be trained too to be a good pets and citizens : ).

Have you tried Youtube ??? I would be "shocked" if there are not some videos about leash-training :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts