Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The director of the local humane society is the owner of the store where my husband works. I've offered to do some dog grooming to help me learn and help the dogs have a better chance of being adopted.

Here's Biscuit's before.

And here is Biscuit when I was done. He was a hard one to shave his face but I got it done, not to perfection but good enough.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He looks so happy to have all that hair off! You did a great job grooming him
Thanks, he hated the grooming! He fought with all of his might not to have his face done. He got tired at the end so I got to finish it up. I used my cordless ones on a 10 so that his fighting wouldn't get him nicked. I think he's probably never been groomed and he's a puppy still. His hair is wavy instead of curly.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Wow! That's a great thing you're doing! That'll totally help some dogs get adopted out! I think you did a great job on him! ^^ It's kinda hard shaving a moving target, isn't it?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! That's a great thing you're doing! That'll totally help some dogs get adopted out! I think you did a great job on him! ^^ It's kinda hard shaving a moving target, isn't it?
OMG I didn't think I'd be able to get him done. I did his feet fine. His back legs have some kind of wounds that they shaved part of his leg and I did what I could to blend it in but I keep seeing it on that back leg in the picture. When I met him he looked cream but I think he's a light apricot now that he's clean.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
God bless you Kpoos!!! We had a couple of volunteer groomers who helped out at the shelter I managed, too and I cannot begin to tell you how valuable that service was. Not only to the dogs who were looking for good homes, but for us humans who didn't have the skill and expertise to help them look and feel their best!!

A lady approached me about grooming some of our dogs as if *I'd* be doing *her* a favor to let her practice - Holy COW!!! She now has her own in-home grooming business and just recently moved from North Dakota to a warmer climate for her husband's health. Just before she left town, she thanked me profusely and credited my willingness to let her groom the shelter dogs with her current successful business! Believe me... it was MY pleasure!! :)

Thank you so much for doing this for the dogs! It's totally awesome!! Good JOB!!! :)

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
AWESOME ! I wish la county weren't so harsh with their policies i would help groom dogs so they would get adopted but they wont allow it .....

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It really was my pleasure even with a subject that wasn't happy about it all. He also kept falling asleep and it reminded me of when the kids would fall asleep in their highchairs. That was always so funny.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
You did a great job and grooming for the HS is a great deal for everyone involved. I groomed a couple of dog for my local HS (the one I adopted Bailey from) before the mega witch took over.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Ooh what a good thing you did for that dog!! :) He looks great too! So fluffy and adorable... I bet he got snatched up right away with that precious face showing.
I would love to try to groom for our local HS one day, but I'm not good at grooming and I doubt they would let me do anything with no experience outside my own dog. ;)

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I agree with all above kpoos!

This will be very rewarding in the end for you and your clients. And to be able to help rescues and HS, is a wonderful thing. Thanks So Much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts