Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my latest groom of Lacey to share. I had been extremely inspired by the style of Miami that @BellasMomZ does on her girl Bella (as seen on her thread Mini Duo: Bella & Paris)
Someday Lacey might look that good! I need to invest in a 7 blade.
I also was inspired by some cuts that have a “pony” element to them with a mane. Some inspiration photos:

Her coat change woes seem to be getting better now at 1 year old so I’m going to (try) to let her legs and topknot grow. She looks like such a cute little bobble head now, and very poodle.

I did the groom over two days. The pic that shows her “mane” the best was from the first day before I finished shaving the legs and cleaning up the body

What I did:
Only trimmed the end of tail shorter with shears. Also used shears under her eyes in the inverted “v” angle.

Trimmed ear canal hair shorter with 4” blunt scissors. Didn’t touch ear leather hair.

1/8” guard over 10 blade: body, sides/front of neck, muzzle.

10 blade: sanitary, stomach, base of tail, top of legs.

For feet I used my personal hair trimmer but with a blade I don’t use on myself. I believe it’s equivalent to a 30 blade. It made doing the feet SO much easier. I am going to get a dedicated one for her. I think I’m going to carefully get around her lips with it next time

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
This little girl si so cute no matter what groom she gets ! Her face on the pre-bath picture is adorable... :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, @Dechi, @Raindrops, @FloofyPoodle, and @VanessaC. :)

It’s not prefect but I’m loving her new look. I had fun with it.

When I took her on walk today somebody across the street from the park actually slowed down in their car to look at her. Whether to laugh or appreciate, I don’t know!

My boyfriend is amused with her new look. He scooped her up with a little laugh when I released her to run upstairs to him.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
She's adorable - you did an amazing job.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
You've got skills and a darn cute model!

·
Super Moderator
4,269 Posts
Good job! And soooo fun watching her grow up. I feel like this is her rebellious "I'm an adult now and can do what I want!" look.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@BellasMomZ, your grooms your shared inspired me to try something different. I’d love to see Lacey playing around and looking fancy with Bella and Paris. ❤

thank you, @Fenris-wolf and @Rose n Poos. Her good looks helped me be brave. I don’t think she could look anything but cute even if I messed up big time.

@PeggyTheParti you’re so right! I was thinking this is her first grown up haircut for her 1st birthday and was going for some rock and roll vibes (Because “I’m a cool mom”).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts