Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just Suggsy or does anyone elses spoo like to lean on anything or anybody?
It doesnt matter whether he is standing or stitting he nearly always leans on the nearest thing, and if its my legs as soon as I move he falls down!
It so funny to see tho, this dog just leaning at a funny angle. Must try and get a picture

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Taffy loves to lean against me; especially if I am sitting on the couch or standing. She doesn't lean so hard that she would fall over if I moved though. Billy likes to lean on furniture and other spoos! I really think that spoos are prone to this.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Yes, they do tend to be leaners. I have no idea why. I think it's more a matter of trying to keep track of you than dominating. If they are touching you, they know where you are at all times.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Leaning on a person can be dominance-related, but I don't know about leaning on stuff. LOL
I don't believe it is a dominance thing for them. They definitely recognize me as pack leader and don't challenge me. Taffy seems to feel more secure when she is touching me. She stays very close to me when we walk even if the other dogs run off ahead.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Desmond likes to lean on me if he's really sleepy and just wants to be near me (he usually falls over eventually and falls asleep in my lap lol). He also leans on me a lot when we first get home and he gets out of his crate. He curls his body around and leans his back on us while he wags his tail like crazy and pets us. It's his "I'm-so-happy-I'm-going-to-explode" position hahaha. He's usually wiggling around like crazy too. ;)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
same, Paris likes to lean against you when you're petting her, it's a real 'snuggle in' action rather than a pushy behaviour though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all.
I thought that it might just be an affection thing, but i dont understand why he has to show affection to the wall, sofa, door frames and anything that gets in his way haha
I guess I just have an 'over affectionate' dog that loves everyone and everything!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Saffy looooooves leaning.

She'll approach random people, and sit at their feet and lean back into their legs whilst looking up at them waiting for the pats.
Sometimes she leans so hard that if you moved she would literally fall over.
This trait is why Saffy is loved by most people wherever she goes, regardless if they like poodles or not!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yep, definitely poodle thing. :) I agree, I believe it is just because they love to be with their people and have contact with them. Of course, leaning on furniture or wall, etc., would cover that....LOL!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yes all three of my poodles lean. I'll usually have someone laying on my foot, leg etc. anywhere I sit, lay and if I stand still long enough they work on that too. certainly when we walk I often have someone leaning against me while we walk. They definitely believe in closeness.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Both Ivy and Nicho (my roomies Spoo) are big leaners. With them, they have to be touching us all the time; they are major contact/velcro dogs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts