Poodle Forum banner

161 - 165 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Wow, that’s great !

I haven’t asked the vet tech to empty Beckie’s glands last time we went for her cytopoint injection, so now it’s been about 6 weeks too for her. I’m hoping her new diet is helping her and this gland business is about to end. One can hope...

·
Super Moderator
9,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
I tested my vegetable glycerin hypothesis with a turkey tendon. No obvious change to stool consistency (i.e. no diarrhea or mush), but a fishy episode exactly 48 hours later, after 6+ weeks of non-stinky bliss.

·
Registered
Standard Poodle (arriving April 21st !!)
625 Posts
I tested my vegetable glycerin hypothesis with a turkey tendon. No obvious change to stool consistency (i.e. no diarrhea or mush), but a fishy episode exactly 48 hours later, after 6+ weeks of non-stinky bliss.
I guess that means you'll be wanting a glycerin free treat. I found this at Tractor Supply, which Elroy deems high value, and it doesn't have any glycerin. It's soft, a little bit moist, and breaks easily into tiny pieces.

·
Super Moderator
9,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
I guess that means you'll be wanting a glycerin free treat. I found this at Tractor Supply, which Elroy deems high value, and it doesn't have any glycerin. It's soft, a little bit moist, and breaks easily into tiny pieces.
Thank you! I’ve never seen a treat that specified no glycerin on the package.

161 - 165 of 165 Posts