Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dutch seems to do the "Lazy Poodle" sit when he sits!! It is when he kind of sits with his legs out to the side instead of directly underneath him!! I am worried about his hips and need help on how to correct his sit!! We have hardwood floors throughout our house so I am sure it just happened simply from sliding, but now he sits like that all the time!! Do any of you have any suggestions on how to correct this? TIA

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I don't have any suggestions on how to correct except in the sense of getting straight sits for competitions. It would be kind of hard to get him to decide to sit that way on his own though when he's just relaxing 'round the house and such.

I can say that Jazz sits like that all the time, hardwood, tile, o carpet doesn't seem to matter... So far so good with her hips.. but she's an adult. I don't know if it would affect a growing puppy?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I use to have a standard that sat the same way. There was nothing wrong with his hips at all. Some just sit that way. I use to just sit him correctly everytime he done it and by 8 mths he was sitting better by not totally correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts