Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night the clocks went forward, and this morning the animals' tummies followed suit. How do they know? Logic dictates that it should take as long for them to adjust in Spring as in Autumn, but this morning I was forced awake by the concentrated stare of four pairs of eyes at what was 5.45am and the middle of the night yesterday, but technically a more normal 6.45am getting up time today. No change in when the sun comes up, too early for the boiler to come on, the entire neighbourhood firmly in bed, but my animals seem to have a direct link to my computer clock. Not when the clocks go back, though - that is greeted with horrified disbelief and takes weeks of gradual adjustment of mealtimes!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
LOL, our clocks went forward a week or so ago, I've lost all track of time lately. I usually feed in 15 min or 30 mintinutes of when they were eating till we are on schedule.

·
Premium Member
23,201 Posts
Well forget about adjusting to changing the clocks at this point. We have all adjusted on that front. My problem now is that it is hard to know what day of the week it is when all of them seem the same since there is no where to go.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Well forget about adjusting to changing the clocks at this point. We have all adjusted on that front. My problem now is that it is hard to know what day of the week it is when all of them seem the same since there is no where to go.
. 😅 We’re facing the same problem.

I hate this artificial change fall and spring espe since science has shown it doesn save anything except sleep.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
It's the lack of places to go that's getting to me, Catherine. All my activities are crossed off on my calendar. I'd like to go for a drive in the Jemez mountains, but the state police are stopping cars if they think the person is just out for a ride. A trip to the grocery store, once a task I put off, is now a really exciting thing to do.

We are booked on a cruise to Norway and the British Isles at the end of June. Until quite recently I thought that would still be a go, but now I am not so sure. Lucky for us, Viking Cruises is changing reservations for later or refunding payments. I was so looking forward to the trip.

·
Premium Member
23,201 Posts
Johanna I hope by June it will be possible to make your trip, but if not be optimistic and postpone.

Reactions: fjm

·
Premium Member
9,702 Posts
Our time change was a while ago, and Buck has no problems with an earlier AM walk and breakfast. He herds us out of bed like a poodle drill sergeant. I was sleeping so peacefully this morning... WHY do we have to be up by 5:00AM? How did that even get started? I am a morning person, but not a farmer.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Poppy is fed within 10 minutes of getting out of bed somewhere between 6 and 7.30am, gets chicken with medicine at 10am, lunch at noon, tea at 4pm, and supper at 8pm, plus treats, and is more than ready to eat a good half hour before every one of them! I am hoping that we can start phasing out the steroids next week, and that she will then become just a little less food focussed. On the other hand at least I don't have to worry about her liver disease causing anorexia and weight loss...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts