Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL he starts to chase the laser along with my cats hahah then he decided to pounce on my kitties not sure if you hear my Bleu girl yelling at him.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very cute--he is so pretty! My friend used to get her GSD to chase the lazer--but it backfired. Now any light--car tail lights included [even seen through the window] excite him and he tries to chase. She said she had no idea that could happen, and would never use a lazer for a dog again. She just thought she was helping him exercise!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
LoL, That is waaay cute!

I gave a laser to one of my training students one time. Her dog was a little off and would chase the reflection of his collar tags on the ground and would chase ants. I thought a laser would be right up her alley and would be fun. NOPE. She ended up having to turn off all the lights and sit in the dark for hours because the dog was soooo into the little lazer light that he went nuts and wouldn't stop looking for it. ROFL. We don't do lasers anymore with him, but I just about fell over laughing when she came back with that story. Luckily she thought it was just as funny as I did, she had such a great sense of humor! Wish they hadn't moved away.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking about that as I filmed Enzo, This is why I don't even play with the laser all the time, its every so often lol

If he became a lighting chaser on shadows and reflections I am sure I can train him out of it but I don't want him to get obsessed with with lol He is already obsessed with my cats

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Some dogs can play with a lazer just fine and be okay. They say to play with it and if the dog is still looking for it 5 minutes later that it's probably best to keep the laser light chasing to a minimum.

My boss has a dog that will chase light reflections and just about anything and become obsessed with it.

None of my pets were interested with it too much, my cat was as a kitten but doesn't care for it much anymore.

·
Registered
7 Posts
oh too cute! i wish i could get my charley to chase lasers but he's such a lazy dog. it's fun to watch my sister's dog go crazy for lasers though

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
oh that is sooooo cute! he plays so well with the cats - that's great! He is the most beautiful red poodle I have ever seen - don't tell Ginger I said that lol!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Lasers are fun... but be very careful not to shine it in the dog's eyes, or your's. Direct exposure to lasers can cause vision damage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts