Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share some pictures and recovery info about Toula’s spay procedure last September. My vet recommended a laproscopic ovorectomy so? The price was higher, but the incision was tiny and recovery speedy. My husband was traveling on business at that time—so I opted for this procedure. The theory is that ovaries are removed and uterus dries up. The incisions were sooo tiny—no swelling or redness at all. There were two very tiny incisions that were closed with very small staples. It kind of looked like she had gotten one of those belly button piercings lol. She was not in any pain at all —I gave her pain meds the first night—they gave her a gastro upset—got tummy meds—and never gave her another pain pill. I kept her separated from my other poodle and used a cone off and on. She returned in ten days to have the staples removed. She was spayed at 6.5 months before first heat as I was advised to do. I am not sure I would spay before a year if I had it to do over again—however the procedure was a breeze and she was barely aware that she had it done!
5E845606-2DBC-4E32-87B7-BAA05CCB255E.jpeg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts