Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am blown away by the customer service from Lainee Ltd. I’m not being paid in any way to post this. I just value good customer service and want to support their business.

I’ve been growing Lacey’s topknot for 8 months now. I’ve used the goody terry cloth covered rainbow hair ties, which are ok but don’t stay as well as a normal band and still cause breakage. Mostly I’ve been using the clear small goody “polybands” which work decently and stay in place longer than the terry hair ties.

I’d heard about lainee Ltd here, as many people who show their poodles seem to use them as their source for banding show hair. I wanted latex bands, and there are many sizes and weights available.

I wasn’t sure what to get, so I sent the company an email. I told them my dog’s breed, size, (a 10.5 lb, 12.5” mini poodle, so less hair vs standard), age (1.5 years), and that I currently am changing the band every 3-4 days. I included a pic for good measure.

they made recommendations for me and explained the difference between why you’d want a certain weight, but offered to send me samples. I took them up on the offer, which I thought was awesome. They ended up sending me 5 different styles and weights, several of each one!

I truly appreciated how helpful they were and that they went the extra mile to help me find the right product. The cost of the bands aren’t much more per piece than if you bought cheaper latex bands at a beauty supply chain and I think it’s worth it to support their business.

In the end I’m going to get the 5/16” medium weight latex bands.
The 3/8” diameter was slightly too big for her one ponytail I do.
The lightweight in 5/16” allowed the hair to fall out sooner than the medium weight. The material is just as stretchy though
I can’t believe how much better latex bands are compared to the goody bands I was using.

The wrapping bands feel heavier and less stretchy. I believe they are not latex. Technically they’re meant to be used over the paper type wrapping rather than directly on hair, but they certainly have a texture that would stay the best in hair and the person who worked for lainee Ltd said they can be easier to work with because they’re bigger diameter than the largest latex size they have.
I didn’t find the small latex bands to be difficult to use at all! Thicker male fingers could handle the bands. I stretch it from between my teeth to get my (fat) right thumb and pointer finger in.

The samples they sent me:

Here’s a pic of Lacey from yesterday after I redid her topknot. Sorry it’s kind of blurry, it’s an action shot of getting her first bully stick! :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @Raindrops! No doubt Misha would have a well taken care of, glorious top knot if you grew it out.
Even with a big topknot and Miami clip, people still call Lacey a “he” for some reason, lol. I remember you saying Misha has the opposite, being called “she,” despite his masculine German style clip! Go figure!

I also wanted to include the info from lainee Ltd’s email response. It might be helpful to others looking in the future and does a better job explaining than me.

The latex bands are smaller but are best for the hair (less hair breaking). The wrapping bands are larger and easier to work with, but have a rough texture and can be damaging to the hair.
The light, medium and heavy weights effect the amount of squeeze the band makes, heavy will hold tighter, but too tight can break hair, light is best for maintanence, but requires more work and will need to be remade more often. I recommend the medium.​

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Thanks @Raindrops! No doubt Misha would have a well taken care of, glorious top knot if you grew it out.
Even with a big topknot and Miami clip, people still call Lacey a “he” for some reason, lol. I remember you saying Misha has the opposite, being called “she,” despite his masculine German style clip! Go figure!
That's hilarious. Maybe it's cause he has a feminine prance.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Great review. Lacey looks so cute dancing for her treat. I'm surprised people think she's male in her Miami clip?

Reactions: Porkchop

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Lacey doesn’t know the difference. People think Babykins is male sometimes too and she’s in a Miami. But she’s silver and I think the tendency is to think all dark dogs are male.

Reactions: Porkchop

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I also ordered from Lainee. I used light weight bands daily, so as not to pull on the hair, and heavier weight bands for showing, so that they'd hold, albeit for a short period of time. Changing the bands was a morning routine where my dog would lie with his head in my lap as I brushed, combed and banded. I miss the routine, but not the hair!
IMG_2018.JPG

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m loving the hair and so far not minding the routine.
Rebanding 3-4 days is manageable for me, especially with my unpredictable work schedule. So far, so good!
I still haven’t found an easy position I like for myself and Lacey during the banding part. I think I might get out the inflatable donut collar so her head is in a better position while she’s in my lap on a pillow. Rather than her neck craned up resting on my chest.

Your poodle’s hair looks so nice! Who’s that in your pic? I hope some day I’ll get to see show poodles in action in my area.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Porkchop - thank you for posting this! When I ran out of bands for Betty, I searched around and found some dental supply company on Ebay and ordered from them The bands I got are good but too thin. I will give Laine a try.

·
Premium Member
4,462 Posts
Ordered Lainee Large Latex (i Believe) I have a hard time finding bands for Asta due to his corded rasta look. Ordered White so I an easily able to see the bands in contrast to his black coat.
Thanks for the recommendation and will update when they come in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts