Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Kujo, my soninlaw's dog big fella that I have shared pix with you - is now NOT IN TACT but......him still want ginger bad!! lol - how long after being fixed do t hey lose that "urge" he tried to mount her yesterday and she told him off!!! so we are still keeping them separate. any good advice?:scared::scared:

·
Registered
12,504 Posts
Keep them apart for a week or two. There is a poster on a UK forum who was told by her vet that all would be safe after 48 hours ... 9 weeks later ... It ain't just the urge that may still be intact!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Keep them apart for a week or two. There is a poster on a UK forum who was told by her vet that all would be safe after 48 hours ... 9 weeks later ... It ain't just the urge that may still be intact!
That vet isn't too smart!! I was always told it can take weeks before it's safe.

·
Registered
12,504 Posts
Yep - that is what she discovered ... too late!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Casey was never ever a dog to mount other dogs but after the big snip he was a goof for about 1 month and tried to mount everything in sight even males.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I swear I didn't know that males neutered YEARS ago can not only mount but can become locked on butt to butt....just like the real thing. I am 52 years old and just found this out. Why didn't anyone ever tell me these things.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I've seen this in horses too. I had one years ago that would mount any mare he could get a hold of even though he had been gelded for some time. Dianne also owned a horse who did this years after being gelded.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ted, according to his records was neutered this year (February), and still tries to mount (but it's rare). Even today, one of my neighbor's shih-tzu's was in heat, and Ted tried to mount her (and vice versa, lol). He told me that even though Ted was neutered, the urge to mount is still there. I also read that even neutered dogs still masturbate. Domestic dogs masturbate?.... *No comment*

And Teddy was getting it in. :shocked: I felt so embarassed when I saw him getting into actual "humping" mode. It's animal nature, yeah, but Mommy doesn't need to see her boy getting busy... He was all over that bitch like white on rice. :biggrin1: <<for the comment. :bulgy-eyes: <<for having to see it.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow! Now I am worried that they never will be able to play together - I don't want him hurting ginger. She is not in tact but if he still can - you know - he could hurt her - he is very big dog!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we did tell him to stop and he did but man his nosse was in her butt like they were glued together so obviously he still has the urge! lol

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I swear I didn't know that males neutered YEARS ago can not only mount but can become locked on butt to butt....just like the real thing. I am 52 years old and just found this out. Why didn't anyone ever tell me these things.
I am also in the dark - I feel bad for Kujo cause he wants to play with Teddy and Ginger but now I am afraid to let him near ginger even though he is neutered - he migh hurt her yes?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Sport was neutered before we got him and we had him for a couple years before we added Betty Jo and Jenny. Sport didn't hump them until they went into heat. He still didn't seem to be worried about it until Jenny (the tart) literally started jumping at him and rolling on the floor in front of him (talk about being forward lol). Then he got interested. We had underpants on them so he certainly didn't lock with them but I'm sure he made himself sore trying. He stopped again once they were no longer in heat. He had been a stud dog at one point in his life so he probably remembered things.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jenny the tart - that's cute! lol - well I just don't know what to do - if he's not intact I don't understand how he can - you know - would he jsut try and not be able - but what is this getting stuck thing? lol I am in the dark!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts