Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Mia, a 1,5 year old toy poodle and Chico, a 4 year old cockatiel
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I literally cannot find a size xs kong toy for Mia, she’s 6.5 pounds. Every one of them is sold out in local distributors. Should i buy a cat kong or size small for her? The cat kong is 5,5cm and the small size kong is 8cm.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
I have the extra small Kongs for my toys it's 5.75 cm, I wouldn't use a cat kong because cats don't actively chew like dogs do. the small might be too big and might get get caught on your pups jaw

·
Registered
Benjamin Franlkin - Senior Tpoo, Apple Butter - mpoo puppy
105 Posts
Do they have kong puppy? We have kong puppies that are the same size. Depends on how much of a chewers your tpoo is, I guess. My dogs aren't chewers so the puppy ones work well for them.

My tpoo also sometimes uses and even prefers a larger size. He can get his tongue in there much more easily.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found one x small sized kong classic, but wouldn’t the filling part be too small to stuff? 1 inch opening seems really small.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the reccommendations. When the x small comes back in stock I’ll get that.

·
Super Moderator
7,952 Posts
Peggy’s a spoo, but she preferred the puppy Kongs (pink or blue) to the classic Kongs (red). She also liked the puppy Kong tire best of all.

Hope you’re able to find one suitable for your little girl soon. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@PeggyTheParti The puppy kongs are sold out as well. The only sizes available in any site are x large or medium, now the small one is sold out too.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I found this available for a treat toy and it seems to have good reviews. I’m not concerned about the durability cause Mia isn’t an extreme chewer (she has never even paid attention to a charging cable or chewed up socks) so it seems good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts