Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Mia, a 1,5 year old toy poodle and Chico, a 4 year old cockatiel
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I literally cannot find a size xs kong toy for Mia, she’s 6.5 pounds. Every one of them is sold out in local distributors. Should i buy a cat kong or size small for her? The cat kong is 5,5cm and the small size kong is 8cm.

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
I have the extra small Kongs for my toys it's 5.75 cm, I wouldn't use a cat kong because cats don't actively chew like dogs do. the small might be too big and might get get caught on your pups jaw

·
Registered
Benjamin Franlkin - Senior Tpoo, Apple Butter - mpoo puppy
139 Posts
Do they have kong puppy? We have kong puppies that are the same size. Depends on how much of a chewers your tpoo is, I guess. My dogs aren't chewers so the puppy ones work well for them.

My tpoo also sometimes uses and even prefers a larger size. He can get his tongue in there much more easily.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found one x small sized kong classic, but wouldn’t the filling part be too small to stuff? 1 inch opening seems really small.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the reccommendations. When the x small comes back in stock I’ll get that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@PeggyTheParti The puppy kongs are sold out as well. The only sizes available in any site are x large or medium, now the small one is sold out too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I found this available for a treat toy and it seems to have good reviews. I’m not concerned about the durability cause Mia isn’t an extreme chewer (she has never even paid attention to a charging cable or chewed up socks) so it seems good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts