Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently they have just gotten into standard poodles.
Kona Standard Poodles

HOWEVER, they plan on using them in a Labradoodle breeding program.
index

Kona Standard Labradoodles

They also have been using different breeders photos without their consent!

Why, oh why, did Simply Red Standards and StuartLea Standard Poodles sell to a Doodle breeder?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I saw this too. I wondered the same thing about Stuartlea. I think perhaps they don't know.
Hmmm... this isn't the first time I have seen Stuartlea's standards in a Labradoodle Program...

Here in NZ, at a labradoodle breeder... they have obtained a Red Standard from Stuartlea to put into their breeding program..

It was either

index

or

Labradoodle, Spoodle and Cockapoo breeders. Puppies for sale, Photos and pictures of pups and dogs, new labradoodle puppy litters www.labradoodleland.co.nz

but they change their websites so blimmin often.. remove dogs and add dogs.. you never know how many they actually have.. or what they have!!!

and in the most horrendous Labradoodle Kennel I have ever seen:scared:

Rutland Manor

Rutlands Chalet Pedigree

and something to read

Rutland Manor Exposed

I emailed Stuartlea about the pup in NZ that was being used for Labradoodle breeding.. I worded it in a very polite tone, basically saying, do you know one of your pups has ended up in this type of home?? I just came across it, and thought you would want to know...

I never got a reply...... :scared:

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
From Cabaret. Everyone sing with me, "Money makes the world go around, the world go around, the world go around...."

Seriously though, what about the Simply Red program makes you think that they wouldn't sell to Labradoodle breeders?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From Cabaret. Everyone sing with me, "Money makes the world go around, the world go around, the world go around...."

Seriously though, what about the Simply Red program makes you think that they wouldn't sell to Labradoodle breeders?
Oh you are so very right! And the fact that some folks don't even understand that labradoodles are not a recognized breed that they are in fact mutts.

:confused:With the below statement on their home page I would have hoped that their intentions were in the right place. To bad they aren't.:pray2:

"THEREFORE WE AT "SIMPLY RED" ARE FOCUSING OUR BREEDING PROGRAM ON PRODUCING NOT ONLY THE MOST CONFORMATIONALLY CORRECT AND HEALTHIEST STANDARD POODLES. BUT, STANDARDS THAT POSSESS THE MOST EYE CATCHING INTENSE RED COLOR.

THROUGH GENETIC COLOR DNA WE CAN INTENSIFY OUR REDS WITH STRONG BLACK POINTS WITH EACH GENERATION. IT IS MY GOAL TO SEE A RED STANDARD POODLE IN THE SHOW RING AT WESTMINSTER."

·
Registered
681 Posts
The cream puppy that Kona has on their website, as far as I know, the sire and dam of that puppy were not health tested. :( Most of the poodle breeders I've met here on Oahu won't deal with breeders on Big Island, since they are mostly BYB and puppy mills :(

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Oh you are so very right! And the fact that some folks don't even understand that labradoodles are not a recognized breed that they are in fact mutts.

:confused:With the below statement on their home page I would have hoped that their intentions were in the right place. To bad they aren't.:pray2:

"THEREFORE WE AT "SIMPLY RED" ARE FOCUSING OUR BREEDING PROGRAM ON PRODUCING NOT ONLY THE MOST CONFORMATIONALLY CORRECT AND HEALTHIEST STANDARD POODLES. BUT, STANDARDS THAT POSSESS THE MOST EYE CATCHING INTENSE RED COLOR.

THROUGH GENETIC COLOR DNA WE CAN INTENSIFY OUR REDS WITH STRONG BLACK POINTS WITH EACH GENERATION. IT IS MY GOAL TO SEE A RED STANDARD POODLE IN THE SHOW RING AT WESTMINSTER."
That would be funny if it weren't so sad. Notice they say they want to "see" a red Standard at WKC, not that they want to have a hand in it. That would be too much money, time and effort. Talk is cheap!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That would be funny if it weren't so sad. Notice they say they want to "see" a red Standard at WKC, not that they want to have a hand in it. That would be too much money, time and effort. Talk is cheap!
Talk is Talk. Unfortunately a persons word isn't worth much these days.:eek:hwell:

Simply Red Standards has a Golden Doodle Web Page too. They use the same email address for both site Contact addresses; [email protected]
New Page 1
http://classifieds2.breedersclub.net/goldendoodles-o17645.html

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
"The Labradoodle as a dog breed is still developing, and does not yet "breed true": that is puppies do not have consistently predictable characteristics"

On that page is says they were created in 1988.

Isn't 22 years long enough to get consistancy if it's going to be a 'true breed'?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
"The Labradoodle as a dog breed is still developing, and does not yet "breed true": that is puppies do not have consistently predictable characteristics"

On that page is says they were created in 1988.

Isn't 22 years long enough to get consistancy if it's going to be a 'true breed'?
One, sadly, would think so... :\

·
Registered
129 Posts
From the bottom of their Labradoodle Website :
"But cross-breeding is mainly about the poodle coat. Cloaking the happy Labrador retriever personality in a wavy coat can produce the best of both breeds -- a standard Labradoodle."
I thought poodles had 'happy' personalities too.
I guess I'll never see the reasoning or appeal of crossing these 2 breeds when they are both perfect for what they are as-is.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
From the bottom of their Labradoodle Website :
"But cross-breeding is mainly about the poodle coat. Cloaking the happy Labrador retriever personality in a wavy coat can produce the best of both breeds -- a standard Labradoodle."
I thought poodles had 'happy' personalities too.
I guess I'll never see the reasoning or appeal of crossing these 2 breeds when they are both perfect for what they are as-is.
There is absolutely NO reasoning lol....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts