Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The poodle wasn't too happy with our travel arrangements to and from CO. Normally, in the car, he likes to sit in the passenger seat, or on occasion I allow him to sit in my lap. He didn't get to do that at all... poor guy had to stay in his crate the entire drive. He did everything he could to be close to me, so I would occasionally stick my fingers in there to love on him, sweet baby.

Oh, and good news, we found his orbee ball! Yay! It has been missing for like... almost a year. No joke!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Awwww, Poor little man cub. He looks so precious even when he is passed out from all that frustration.

Sounds like you guys did your best with the travel arrangements. I'm curious though, have you considered using a harness with a seat belt connector? I'm just thinking he would be free from his crate. This is what I do with Zulee. I even got her a lookout that connects to the seatbelt then I connect her harness to the lookout. If I'm in the passenger seat, she has her harness connected to my seatbelt.....even better in her mind. Maybe not the safest thing, but I always worry about the crates flying around in an accident and which is worse? (rhetorical) LOL!

Anyway, unsolicited advice, for whatever it was worth. Sometimes, he will have to suffer for the greater good. He is such a cutie! :love:

Good find on the orbee ball. I bet he is so excited to be reunited with an old friend.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normally I would have been fine with him being out, however there were 4 other dogs in the suv, lol. My mom's male greyhound puppy (well, he's almost 2, not much of a puppy anymore) was just one snip away... We figured it was safer for him in the crate. He actually has a really cute car harness that has a seatbelt attachment you can take off for it to be a regular harness, too... I'm sure he would have been much happier in that!

But I did decide on the drive that if I ever have a car with a wide console (like my mother's denali that we drove) that I'm getting one of those console booster seats! They strap right on to the console and they sit in it, I even think you can strap them in!

Oh, and yes :) he is very happy to be reunited with his ball, and has hidden it under his bed in his big crate so only he can play with it when the doors are closed lol.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I figured you had your reasons. He is cute little fuzzball. I always enjoy seeing his pictures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts