Poodle Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
I currently feed my spoo Canadian Naturals limited ingredient pork and squash. We’re restricted because two of my cats have severe allergies so anything with grain and fish is out. I try to avoid turkey because I find it gives her bad gas and poop that is slightly softer than her usual firm poops.

She also gets a bit of zignatures kangaroo kibble as a treat - she loves that stuff!
Thanks for sharing that food, Vandog!! Annie has to be on a no fish, no wheat/rye/barley ( I am celiac), no chicken, low duck diet as well, and it's sometimes hard to find good options, and I would prefer to rotate foods. That looks perfect. I will try her on that when I finish off her current loyalty card for Acana Classic Red.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I recently made the switch to Purina Pro plan as well, and no longer have to add wet food to get my tpoo to eat it. We are now feeding the adult shredded blend small breed probiotic formula with chicken and rice.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I tried a few different foods for Poppy, none of which really agreed with her and she was rather indifferent to some. Then I switched to Purina Pro Plan Sport. She is very happy very healthy and is in amazing condition from this food.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wondering what everyone feeds for dry kibble. obviously personal preference and dog preferences come into play...but curious to what the top 5 dry kibbles would be.
Fromm's Chicken ala Veg. I used Honest Kitchen for awhile until Karma started boycotting it. Breeder recommends Fromm's.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
Last year I was trying grain included as I had become unhappy with grain free I was feeding (Nature's Recipe) Based on recommendations here we first started with ProPlan Sport. What a mess - it caused Asta severe contstipation (poor boy) I also tried one other ProPlan formulation which also caused constipation. Chewy was great about my trying different foods till I found the one I liked. Vet carries only Science DIet prescription but advised me that other formulations, regular kibbles, not specialized as Asta was very healthy. After trying a couple of different formulations we chose Science Diet Light as Asta is mostly my Service dog and rather than run around he perfers to look out for me which doesn't burn very many calories. What a difference - firm and proper poos, Definite improvement in coat, Eats all his dinner. Slightly smelly but I am sure that is what Asta is looking for in a food. Some will say Science Diet is not highly rated but now I swear by it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I feed my boy Pro Plan puppy (he is 5.5 months). He seems to do well. I give him a couple of nuggets of premade raw every morning just because I want to spoil him. My last guy ate exclusively raw but I am no longer convinced raw is any better than well researched and formulated kibble. I free feed kibble and it is much more convenient than raw

·
Registered
94 Posts
Right now I'm feeding Beau 4Health Strive Performance 87. Its what his breeder feeds, and she told me that puppies do better on high protein kibble. When he's grown I will probably switch him to another food, maybe what my last dog Charlie ate. He did really well on 4Health Original Small Bites, and I had to be really careful about what I fed him because he had pretty bad food allergies. I like the Strive kibble, and so does Beau it is high in fat and he still eats about 1 1/2 cups a day (3 meals). So I don't know, I guess I'll just wait till he's older then decide :confused:.

4health Strive Performance 87 Formula Dog Food, 45 lb. Bag at Tractor Supply Co.

4health Original Small Bites Formula Adult Dog Food, 35 lb. Bag at Tractor Supply Co.
Isn't 4health made by the same company that makes TOTW?? But made FOR Tractor Supply???

·
Registered
42 Posts
I feed my toy poodle girls homemade food. It is really easy to make and there are tons of recipes online. Also, it can be less expensive than the commercial kibble. Tell me please if you would like to know anything else! :)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts