Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a long night last night did not get home until after 11pm but she is here and I took some pics this morning. She is a submissive pee'er so we will have to work on her confidence a lot but so far no aggression towards Tynk or Zoey even around food. I kept her on a lead next to them to make sure I could get them apart if there was a problem. She was find around my 6 yr old, she jumps but we can work on that, she has not meet the twins as of yet, but through the window she has only shown interest and nothing else. She is in the back yard right now running around throwing a bully stick in the air and chasing it LOL! We have half and acre fenced so she has tons of room to run and play.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just introduced her to the,twins lol, she did great! She was very curious about them and sniffed, did not try to jump or anything and licked their hands. They leaned on her and petted her and she just sat there loving it up! Now, the only family member left is Banjo my husbands cat, we will see how that goes. Banjo thinks he is a dog, so he is not afraid of dogs he actually gets along with them better then other cats LOL!. Kiara though, not sure how she will do, she has been around cats but I am not really sure how much interaction she has had with them.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Congrats on your newest family member. I'm glad she is working out well for you, hope things go along great and she gets out of the submissive issues easily for you! Just curious, how old is she?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on your newest family member. I'm glad she is working out well for you, hope things go along great and she gets out of the submissive issues easily for you! Just curious, how old is she?
Thank you all! She is 10 months she was born 8-28-08. We took our first trip to the vet she is great and UTD on everything already so we just needed to get her heart guard and advantix as well as let her meet her new Doc and petsmart this afternoon! She did great, I got her a chewie of her own since the only ones I have here are for little dogs lol, Tynk thought it was hers!!!! LMAO!!!!!! Kiara is exhausted now and crashed on the kitchen floor lol. I think the submission will not last long here, she will learn she is a member of the "pack family" and her place soon enough and know she has nothing to be afraid of. So far she has just looked at Banjo cat and just ignored him lol, he however is walking around looking at her like she is lunch LOL!

Attachments

·
Registered
843 Posts
She is a beautiful spoo girl.
Did she come from a breeder?
Most of them will outgrow the submissive peeing.
It's all new to her and at 10 months the transition will be a bit longer than if she was a little pup.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Congratulations on your new spoo. She is lovely.

I just had to laugh at the little one trying to drag that great big bone around! :rofl: Nice picture of Ki-Ki's face sleeping. She looks so sweet there.

My spoo, Billy, has a fascination for our cats. Or, perhaps I should say an obsession. He gets all excited when one comes into the house. He runs after them until they get on top of the furniture or behind it, then he stands there and stares with his tail going a hundred miles an hour! So funny. If the cats come up and rub on him, he has no idea what he should do with them. He just stands and wags that tail with excitement!! What a guy!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She is a beautiful spoo girl.
Did she come from a breeder?
Most of them will outgrow the submissive peeing.
It's all new to her and at 10 months the transition will be a bit longer than if she was a little pup.
She did originally come from a breeder, but I got her from a friend...she is second owner on her, she shows conformation for AKC, and Ki-ki would make a better agility dog, so she gave her to me since she does not do agility and I am done with Conformation for awhile. I think her peeing will subside soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts