Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keira is doing the dreaded coat change at the moment, and BMM wanted her shaved down short to make life easier for everyone while she goes through it!

Before...

during...

and after!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and a few cute pics...

·
Registered
159 Posts
She looks adorable!!
Ivy started her coat change a few weeks ago and I shaved her down too. I miss her coat, but I don't miss the constant dematting.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
What a pretty girl! Love her new doo. Bet she feels great without all the hair... and I am sure BMM is ever grateful not to have to worry about the coat change. :)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I love her new look! I cannot see blue about that girl at all. Either I'm blind or I have no idea what to look for in poodle colors.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol, it's ok KPoos, her blue is NOT showing yet. But in saying that, she's NOT black either, there is a really weird sheen to her colour and it's not black... I know she *could* be a bad black, but all the bad blacks I've seen are still inky black until they're a bit older...?? She's really got a weird sheen to her colour and she's had the brown colouring in her since she was a pup too. I'd say she will take a long time to clear out to blue (3-4 years) rather than the faster clearing ones (clear by 2) but I still say she's blue!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks sooo much to FD for clipping her off for me, I could not bare to shave off all that hair myself! LOL Though she doesn't look as bad as I thought she would look all nakid!

I have no idea what she is but to me she has a metallic sheen to her coat and looks browny on her sides in some lights. Here she is as a pup

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
She is a beauty whatever the color may be! And FD always does a great job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts