Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help.
After my poodle got attack by big dog, went to vet, got shaved and treated. Doing much better now BUT her hair has grown back solid black and very course. Nothing like her normal hair. She is 5 yrs old.
Any help or info on what's happening would be appreciated
20200515_162943.jpg

·
Premium Member
23,210 Posts
Since it looks like she is a silver you shouldn't worry too much as that area grows out without having been shaved to the skin the newer hair should grow in more her normal color. When the skin on a dog with a fading color grows in from "nekkid" it will often be dark at first and then lighten up as older darker hair continues to grow.

It is a shame your dog had to go through what must have been a pretty nasty attack.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Don’t worry. I have a silver minipoo. She had a bee sting on her paw. I was shocked that the fur there grew back Inky black but slowly over several months it started to grow lighter. Now I can’t tell where this spot was.

Check the roots of the black hair. You should see it growing in lighter. It looks like you dog had black ink applied to her fur.

I‘m sorry your poor poodle was attacked and hope she is healing.

Reactions: cowpony

·
Premium Member
9,703 Posts
I’m glad she’s alright. Dog attacks are also hard on owners. Sending you both healing thoughts and good hair days ahead:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts