Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By the renown author of "Poodle clipping and grooming", Shirlee Kalstone is the author of another small book -"How to housebreak your dog in 7 days" Although it took a little longer than 7 days, the mistakes were mine, not Asta's. My DH was also great in going along with the program.

Thought that maybe one of our members would find this book helpful. I am offering it free (including shipping as I mentioned it is a small book and won't cost very much in postage)

PM me if interested in the book..

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
I don't have a puppy at this time, so I'm happy to pass to someone who has a puppy.

I'm curious as to what her method was - could you describe it?

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From Table of Contents: Introduction; The psychology of training; The secret of successful housebreaking; When is my dog ready to be housebroken; The very young puppy; What about older dogs; Your choice, Housebreaking, paper training or litter pan training; The 7 day formula; Establishing regular eating habits; Confining your dog to a "den"; Housebreaking; Paper training and Litter pan training; Choosing a schedule that's right for you; The power of praise; Corrective training is easy...with a little patience and love; Dogs can smell odors even when you can't; Housebreaking and Paper training problems; In conclusion; Where to buy a crate or cage and other supplies (this section is out of date); Recommended reading and viewing.

86 pages.

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
Just like her grooming book is surprisingly up to date after all these years, sounds like the potty training book is too.

Reactions: Streetcar
1 - 4 of 4 Posts