Poodle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who weren't following my other thread, I have owned Kala since she was 10 weeks old (now 9 months), been through puppy classes and tried everything I knew to get her to go into a down position. Today(using the clicker method suggested by Cdnjennga) she voluntarily went down from a sit with a food lure. This is a very exciting day for me and Kala!!! I am so happy and I don't feel like such a horrible doggy mom now. Thanks everyone. I will be getting video of this as soon as my better half gets home from work today.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The video

Here is the video, but keep in mind this is our first day for the actual down after a long stint of no downs at all so we are still working on it. I still have to lure for the most part and I noticed some mistakes during the video, but hey I'm not complaining. This is a great day!! I couldn't wait for my hubby to get home so it isn't the best video...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQopXOjfx30

·
Registered
288 Posts
GOOD JOB, Kala and Mama!

It's almost always because the dog doesn't understand what we want her/him to do that they don't comply. Once we discover how to teach/show/communicate what we want in a way that's understood by the dog, the teamwork is amazing.

Congratulations!

BTW, Kala is lovely! Such a beautiful girl.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.