Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first contacted my breeder in the middle of April, she emailed me back. Actually quite long emails all about how she started in Miniature Poodles etc. I then met her at the local dog show in the middle of May after I had given her a $250 deposit for the puppy. She seemed quite willing to keep the puppy until it is four months old, at my request, because my son's dog had Parvo and he was at my house. I don't feel inclined to take any chances. I think the puppy was born March 17th - so I will get it at the end of July.

Since the dog show, I have emailed her twice because she said she would send photos of the puppy. Its like my emails vanish into cyber oblivion. I guess it doesn't matter all that much because one black miniature poodle will look pretty much like another. Not like a Shih-tzu where they all look different. But I do admit that I find it rather annoying.

I entitled this "just whining" because I am sure the puppy will be just fine and if I complain she might say forget it -- I will send your money back!!

It just bugs me that she replied at first and I don't feel like phoning her because that seems like nagging. Am I expecting too much? As I said, even if she did send a photo - it could be any dog, I wouldn't know!!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Are you able to go and visit the puppy at the breeder's house? If someone had my $250 and wouldn't return my emails, I wouldn't think twice about picking up the phone and calling them. It irritates me no end when someone doesn't at least have the courtesy of replying with a short acknowledgement that they received my email.

I'm sure the pup is fine, as you say, but that's just a pet peeve of mine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't think it's just whining, I think it's rude, the breeder not you. If you already have a deposit the least she could do is contact you, especially if she said she would. At least weekly

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dog show was the weekend of the 21 -24 May and I phoned her the next Tuesday because someone told me she got the breed on the Monday. She said she would take photos. That's the last I have heard from her.

I emailed her last week and asked if she had had time to take photos of MY puppy (I didn't put the My in capitals in the email). So far not a flipping word. She lives on a farm and I don't feel like driving all that way.

The trouble is that I can be very sarcastic (maybe rude!) and I am sure the puppy is nice and I don't want to be rude and I am afraid that if I phone her, I will say something sarcastic and she will say "Well we'd better forget it - I will give you your $250 back."

So, I take it that you agree with me - she should be reporting, if not every week, then maybe every other week -- saying things like - your puppy is eating solid food or your puppy is doing whatever!!

I am a bit tempted to just say - give me the darn puppy at 12 weeks, when she has had two of her Parvo shots, but then I will never forgive myself if the puppy gets Parvo. Once I have the puppy, I don't have to have anything more to do with her.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Just to give her the benefit of the doubt, maybe her e-mail is down or computer died or your e-mail address somehow slipped onto the bulk mail list. All of those things have happened to me before! I'd just give her a call....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts