Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Biopsies on Beatrice's tumors came back, one came back as a fatty tumor the other came back as an incredibly rare type tumor a lymphangiosarcoma and the advise to see an oncologist

DESCRIPTION/MICROSCOPIC FINDINGS/COMMENTS: MICROSCOPIC DESCRIPTION: Adipose tissue (unmarked jar): Infiltrating and expanding the adipose tissue is a nonencapsulated, poorly demarcated, and moderately cellular neoplasm. The neoplastic cells form interconnecting cleft-like vascular channels or spaces with frequent blind ended trabeculae, lining dense collagenous stroma or preexisting dermal collagen bundles. The neoplastic cells are spindloid with indistinct cell borders, small to moderate amounts of eosinophilic cytoplasm, and an oval nucleus with finely stippled chromatin and small basophilic nucleoli. There is minimal anisocytosis and anisokaryosis, and mitotic figures are rare. The lumina of the cleft-like channels is generally empty, with few scattered foamy macrophages and rare erythrocytes.
MICROSCOPIC FINDINGS: Lymphangioma or lymphangiosarcoma
MARGINS: Neoplastic tissue extends to lateral and deep surgical borders. Total excision of the lesion is not proven histologically.
COMMENTS: Lymphangioma and lymphangiosarcomas are tumors of lymphatic endothelium. These are rare tumors in all species. The distinction between benign and malignant tumors can be minimal. The infiltrative growth of these tumors makes borders difficult to assess. Recurrence is common, but metastasis is rare. Early surgical excision can be curative. Consultation with an oncologist on this case may provide additional diagnostic and therapeutic advice.

I want to cry

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
If this is early enough and they can remove it and then some (around it) it might just turn out okay. It isn't a metastatic cancer apparently...won't spread and turn up somewhere else most likely. See the oncologist and you might get some good luck. I'm really sorry this crap keeps happening. I'm sending my very best hopeful vibes and prayers your way. (((hugs)))

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for your kind words

If this is early enough and they can remove it and then some (around it) it might just turn out okay. It isn't a metastatic cancer apparently...won't spread and turn up somewhere else most likely. See the oncologist and you might get some good luck. I'm really sorry this crap keeps happening. I'm sending my very best hopeful vibes and prayers your way. (((hugs)))
PB one type of tumor is benign the other type of tumor is not, I need to see the oncologist.

Right now I am tired, I am crushed by this news.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Twyla, I'm sending you so and Bea all the positive vibes that it's a lymphangioma. When Zooey had a mammary tumor, it was almost a 50/50 chance of being cancerous, but it was benign. I was scared to death, so I have an inkling of what you're going through. Hugs and prayers for you and Bea.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Oh no. I’ll be thinking of you and hoping for the very best possible outcome. I can’t imagine what you are going through right now. I’m so incredibly sorry.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Oh no, I’m so sorry ! I hope it turns out to be benign and very, very easy to treat.

You’ve been through enough. Crying sometimes help. You’ll feel better hopefully tomorrow. Hugs.

·
Premium Member
3,711 Posts
Sending you, Bea, and your little family positive thoughts and prayers.

Reactions: twyla

·
Premium Member
13,075 Posts
I am so sorry - just when things were looking easier, too. I hope once the first shock is over the oncologist will have reassuring advice about the prognosis, but poor little Bea. She really has had an awful lot to cope with in a few short years - and you too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So sorry to hear all this, I hope pupper will be okay.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Oh I'm sorry but the good thing is you had it removed and its says removal is often curative. I guess seeing an oconlogist will help determine this. In any case it stinks when any of them come back where they could be malignant but not known. I guess more testing for poor Bea. Thoughts & prayers are with you

·
Premium Member
9,950 Posts
I am so sorry for you and little Bea. Please let us know what the oncologist recommends. I’m praying it can be contained.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Oh no Twyla, poor Bea. Hopefully they got all the margins and it won’t return. A visit to the oncologist is an excellent but expensive idea.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Oh no Twyla, poor Bea. Hopefully they got all the margins and it won’t return. A visit to the oncologist is an excellent Plan.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you everyone, we have an appointment next Wednesday with the oncologist. Then I can make an informed decision. Until then there isn't more I can do than wait.

·
Premium Member
23,881 Posts
twyla I know the waiting will be hard for you, but remember Bea doesn't understand the word cancer, so aside from the nursing care, just enjoy her as the silly little cutie she is in the mean time.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts