Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to the breeder's house today and just loved her dog. We have been concerned about allergies, and today after she licked my daughters face (she gave her a good wash!), my daughter broke out into a rashy/hives situation on her face. I'm starting to think it would be unfair to bring a dog into the house...for my daughter and the dog. Darn it! We'll probably give it one more try with meeting the dog here in our own environment, but I'm bracing for disappointment. Sigh...

Mel

·
Registered
681 Posts
Allergies are SOOO disheartening. I'm so glad my boys aren't as allergic as yours is. I hope it goes well at your next meet up.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
We went to the breeder's house today and just loved her dog. We have been concerned about allergies, and today after she licked my daughters face (she gave her a good wash!), my daughter broke out into a rashy/hives situation on her face. I'm starting to think it would be unfair to bring a dog into the house...for my daughter and the dog. Darn it! We'll probably give it one more try with meeting the dog here in our own environment, but I'm bracing for disappointment. Sigh...

Mel
Hmmmm seems she has alergies pretty bad, so so sorry.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
awww, unfortunately it sounds like she's allergic to the saliva too rather than just the dander!!! I know with cats it's usually the saliva that's the problem (as they wash themselves so much) but it's usually the dander on dogs that's the problem (hence the non shedding usually helps)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I have the saliva allergy to some breeds but not the poodles for some reason. You will have to go through all of the breeds that are a bit better for people with allergies to find out if they all cause the reaction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts