Poodle Forum banner

Just starting my poodle search and have a question

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Snoodle 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm just starting to search for a toy poodle through a reputable breeder. There are so many websites out there advertising poodles so its hard to tell which is legit and which isn't.

My question.... I realize good quality food fed to your pet makes a world of difference for a healthy, happy dog. I'm just wondering about reputable breeders and the quality of food they would feed their dams and sires. Would a reputable breeder feed top quality food? Should I be leery of breeders who feed less than superior quality food to their dogs?

The reason I'm asking is because someone has recommended a certain breeder but when I check them out a little further, their choice of food I think is probably not the best. Would I take this as a sign that the breeder may be less than legit?

Thanks for your help. This whole dog search thing is pretty overwhelming at the moment.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. It does get overwhelming with so many options out there. I guess if the breeder has no qualms advertising what type of food they feed their dogs, then they are comfortable with the quality of dogs they breed. But Cdnjennga, I'm with you, I think the type of food is important, and I'd like to feed my dog the same quality of food I would consume myself.

Thanks again for the feedback guys.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Thats what I thought. When I saw the type of food this 'reputable' breeder was feeding their dogs (grocery store brand), I had to question if they were really legit. So I guess if I have to question this criteria, then this breeder is not one I'm looking for.

P.S. I'll have more questions about breeders coming soon. Thanks all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.