Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you can teach a dog not to pee on his legs.;) We taught Harry to stretch up more so that he doesn't pee on his legs anymore. I had him off leash one night and saw him squat to pee and said "don't pee on your legs" and he immediately moved his front legs up.LOL How's that for training?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
hahaha!!
thats fantastic
I'll have to bring you up here so you can train Elphaba to not pee on her legs...and shes a girl o_O

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
lol!!

I was watching Elphie just now...and she doesn't squat to pee she just kind of stands there
which is what Scooter does but he's like 3in from the ground if he squatted to pee he'd be sitting in it xD
maybe she's watching him and thinking thats how she's supposed to do it?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Ahahaha- KPOO - you are amazing , really :) ! I guess with 5 kids and 2 dogs one becomes "natural" with training :first: of any kind ; ))) !!! And to think that anybody ever questioned your ability "to do it all" is just too funny :caked:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I don't know how "do it all" I am but I think with a good quality puppy/dog and a good temperament to start with one can train a dog to do what you want it to do. Harry's got a really easy going temperament and he's easy to train. We call him our circus dog because he will literally jump off all 4 legs on request.LOL I'm sure I can train this in Mia too because she too has an eager to please attitude.

You know up until recently Harry's attitude on the grooming table wasn't easy to deal with. I had only taken him to groomers about every 3 months and that's just not enough to get them to be good for grooming. So when I started doing him myself on a regular basis he was a pain in the butt at first. The last time I groomed him, I was so amazed at how smoothly it all went and it took 3 1/2 hours (including bath) to finish him. He was such a trooper and he knew exactly what I wanted and did what I told him to do. It's almost a shame that he won't be bred back into the spoo gene pool but I'm happy just having him as a loyal friend.

·
Registered
616 Posts
omg, if I could only teach Dutch that, and he doesnt always squat anymore! What he does is hikes his leg up REALLY high so it just goes everywhere and not to mention he cant wait until he is done before he starts to walk off!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts