Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend, my DH and I succumbed to Multiple Poodle Syndrome. We already had Charlie - a 3 year old brown miniature poodle (had him for 1 1/2 years). We had rescued him from a shelter.

We love Charlie like crazy and we thought he deserved a playmate. We had been talking about getting another mini poodle for awhile, but there have not been any suitable rescues. On Saturday we went to a breeder and got a mini black poodle (5 months old), whom we named Beau.

The dogs are getting along great -some scuffling here and there, but all in good fun. Beau is learning a lot from Charlie and I think Charlie enjoys being the big brother.

I hope to be able to share some of our poodle experience and to learn from other members. Most of you are a lot more experienced than I am.

Eliza in NJ

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
:welcome: And congrats on your new addition you will find that many of us here suffer from MPS (multiple poodle syndrome ) :)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Wow, that pup is stunning! And your brown boy is adorable! I had a brown mini as a kid! (my avatar!) I am petless and poodleless right now! We are planning on getting a mini within this next year. I am so excited, I can't wait! Mind if I ask where your pup came from?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I noticed your avatar. Thanks for your kind comments on the pix!

We got the pup at Cabryn: www.cabrynpoodles.com

The breeder won the AKC top miniature poodle breeder award (U.S.) in 2004 and 2009. We are very lucky that she is only 30 minutes from where we live. The dogs were gorgeous - each was more beautiful than the next and their temperaments were wonderful. We had a hard time picking the one for us, but I think no matter which one we picked, we couldn't go wrong.

Good luck in your search for your poodle this year.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Yes, I noticed your avatar. Thanks for your kind comments on the pix!

We got the pup at Cabryn: Poodles For Sale

The breeder won the AKC top miniature poodle breeder award (U.S.) in 2004 and 2009. We are very lucky that she is only 30 minutes from where we live. The dogs were gorgeous - each was more beautiful than the next and their temperaments were wonderful. We had a hard time picking the one for us, but I think no matter which one we picked, we couldn't go wrong.

Good luck in your search for your poodle this year.
You are so lucky to have a breeder so close to you! I am having one heck of a time finding a decent breeder within driving distance for minis!:wacko:

·
Registered
548 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS on your new black baby, Beau. He is very good looking in the photo. Would love to see more. Glad to hear that Charlie Brown is welcoming him into the family. Charlie gets to be the big brother now.
We also have two boys (standards). Although almost five years apart, they get along beautifully. Have FUN with your sweet boys.

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Congrats on your new poodle pup, Eliza! Beau looks like a wonderful little boy!! I too have the great good fortune of having a Cabryn Poodle. Our silver mini boy came from Carolyn O'Rourke last July. Her poodles are just wonderful! Everyone I know who's been lucky enough to own one of hers has been so delighted. I know you will be too! Your Charlie looks like a darling fellow, too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all for the welcomes and good wishes! Beau had his checkup at the vet today and did great.

@ArreauStandardPoodle - Your photos are terrific! I also visited your website and was bowled over by your gorgeous red heads.

@pudel luv - Yes, Charlie is enjoying Beau and has developed a big brother attitude already.

@Chagall's Mom - Chagall is beautiful! I saw some silvers when I was there on Saturday and made a mental note that they may be on my list if I succumb again... I'm really glad to hear the positive info about your experience and others' with Cabryn poodles. BTW - I'm in Northwestern NJ, are you, also?

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Eliza, Thanks for the kind words about Chagall's appearance. He's honestly as beautiful on the inside as he is on the outside. (Like I'm not biased, huh?) The moment I met his mother (Lady Liberty) and maternal grandmother (Silver Suede), I fell in love with them. I knew I just had to have one of the poodles from that line. Though I've only seen photos and videos of his father (The Lone Ranger), I was crazy for the look of him. Carolyn co-owns him with another woman (he's an American & U.S. Champion). I've also only "known" Chagall's paternal grandfather (Hi-Ho Silver) through photos, but just thrilled at his color and body type. Odd as this sounds, I truly think I know more about Chagall's family tree than I do my own!!

It makes me happy to know you have one of the Cabryn boys, too! I know it'll prove to be a match made in heaven.

We live in Hunterdon County. Maybe one day we can have a poodle meet up??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chagall's Mom - I know some of the names in Chagall's tree, too - Maybe from Carolyn's site or just other Cabryn research I did. She's had so many champions!

I'm in Sussex County on the Warren border, so not far at all! Yes, maybe some day we can do a meet and greet!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts