Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I just adopted a poodle puppy 2 days ago... I googled poodles and found this forum. It looks very friendly here... maybe I'll stay here for a while... :)

Salukie (and Dana, the poodle)

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Greetings Salukie and Dana!!

Welcome to the Poodle Forum... You'll find that we stay friendly when you post PICTURES of your POODLES!! :) We LIKE pictures!!

Congratulations on your new acquisition, too! I just got my standard poodle baby the end of October this year and it's been a BLAST!!! :)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Salukie! I LOVE your intro title!!!!!! I laughed out loud! :pound:

Yep, we all LOVE pics of poodles... remember to post them!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone, for the nice warm welcome.

I'm sort of getting the impression that you guys would like a picture... :)

Haha... Okay. :dog:

Now, let's see if I can attach a picture to this thing...

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you.

She's cream. It's gonna fade, I think... It's one of those fading colours. Her brothers and sisters are black, apricot, and cream. Her mom is cream and her dad is a cafe au lait.

All the puppies were so cute... it was hard to choose.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Cream? She kind of looks like that silver beige but I know I'm probably wrong. I never get colors that aren't typical right.LOL She's very cute.

·
Registered
335 Posts
So precious! I have a cream also-but he is a different shade from yours. Just his ears were kind of golden but have lightened up. Your baby is gorgeous! Congrats!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I looked up poodle colours on the wonderful world of the internet... Wow... is it ever complicated!!!

All I know for sure, is that she's not black. LOL!!!

I looked at the picture of your Paulie, Mandi, and you're right they're a slightly different shade... maybe she is a silver beige, Kpoos.

Anyway... all I know is; she's cute!!! And, she's mine. I still can't believe it. I'm a poodle mommy, at last.

She's gained a whole pound in 2 days!!!! :proud:

Here's another picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I started a new thread in Poodle Talk... Just for fun... I posted some more pictures over there.

Salukie

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well, she is a pretty girl...and looks very calm sitting for the camera...Paulie will pose for the camera but he is still a little bugger and gets into everything...I can't trust him for a minute outside of the gated kitchen as he will definitely find something to chew (that should not be chewed) even tho' he has tons of bones and toys...wish I had a calm girl to go with my Levi....you never know what the personality is if you can't pick the pup out personally...anyway it looks like you have a sweetie!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you Mandi,

She looks sweet in the picture alright... I just caught her chewing the legs of my coffee table!

LOL!!

How can I make her chew toys more attractive? I try to get her interested in them and she's just like: That's nice, mom, but look at how my teeth sink in nicely in these shoes, and look at how I'm good at pulling the threads out of this rug...

She'll probably grow out of it in a year or two... I hope.

:) Doesn't matter, I'd rather have my Dana than a coffee table anyway. And I can live without shoes. And who needs a rug? LOL!!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Well you need to discipline her with a firm "eh" sound. Mia tries to pull the shag rug in my family room and I just say "eh" and she leaves it along. She really enjoys all her toys though. Do you have rope toys? Those are favorites in this house. That and soft squeezy toys that they can tear up in like 10 seconds. Kongs are good and they have the pink puppy one for her since she's little.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Sounds like you have a good healthy attitude about that adorable puppy stage. Of course you want to work constantly to teach her proper manners but puppies will be be puppies for a long time (often much longer than a year...definitely much longer than that adorable puppy look lasts!!). Things will get ruined but eventually she'll grow up to be a wonderful family member. She's really cute. I'll be she's going to be a real beauty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Waiting

Hello,
I also found this forum searching for any and all info on Standard Poodles. I'm waiting on my new boys to arrive in the next few days. They are 12 week old brothers, cream colored. My first time owning a poodle and I'm really trying to gain any and all knowledge about them. I've already read lots of reccom. on the clippers and now I'm going to search out info here for the best combs and brushes for these guys, as I intend to groom them myself. I do not have any intention on showing them, how critical is it that they have a closely shaven face? I just adore that fuzzy face look. I understand that the hair is a food trap, but if they are well cleaned and groomed, what is the harm in some longer facial hair? Any advice on all things is welcome.:)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome N2spoo-Wow-you are really just jumping into the poodle world with both feet! Look in this forum's area of grooming for those kinds of tips. Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Hello,
I also found this forum searching for any and all info on Standard Poodles. I'm waiting on my new boys to arrive in the next few days. They are 12 week old brothers, cream colored. My first time owning a poodle and I'm really trying to gain any and all knowledge about them. I've already read lots of reccom. on the clippers and now I'm going to search out info here for the best combs and brushes for these guys, as I intend to groom them myself. I do not have any intention on showing them, how critical is it that they have a closely shaven face? I just adore that fuzzy face look. I understand that the hair is a food trap, but if they are well cleaned and groomed, what is the harm in some longer facial hair? Any advice on all things is welcome.:)

N2spoo.... please consider getting only one puppy. It is very hard to house train and correctly work with two puppies at once. Most good breeders will not sell you two puppies for this very reason.

If you do get two, you will need to crate one puppy while you play and train the other. This ends up splitting the training and play time in half and then each puppy does not get enough one on one time.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Don't two puppies typically bond to one another instead of the humans in the house if you get them together or am I thinking of kittens?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts