Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know poodles coats can change colors as they age. I have seen this happen a lot. I always see poodle get lighter as they get older. Can they get darker to ? Has anyone had a poodle or seen a poodle get darker as they get older? I was just curious and wanted to know. Thanks

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Jaks cream girl Saffy has gotten darker, she was basically white when he got her, but she's now a deep creamy/yellowy colour! Arreau has reds that appear to be getting darker too.

Also note that the guard hairs of poodles are generally darker, and they are more obvious when the coat is long, so a long coat tends to look quite dark (check out the pics of the silver 'Suri', she gets all her black guard hairs coming through when he's got longer hair, but is a pale silver when shaved short!) My girl Paris also looks darker when her coat is long due to her dark guard hairs.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Didn't Taffy get darker as well? I remember she started off looking the same color as Desmond and turned into a beautiful dark dark apricot while Desmond faded out into a creamy/very light apricot. She, along with a few reds maybe, are the only poodles I've seen darken as they age.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts