Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
you could count me in for it! i think there should definitely be a price limit and such and maybe if one of the mods would offer to kind of arrange everything.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I think it would definitely be fun! I love shopping for other people and especially other dogs and could manage shopping for an extra fur-friend or two this Christmas!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I'm sorry but I will have to decline. No work for my husband and I translates into no presents this year. But I think it is a great idea!

·
Registered
315 Posts
yeah it does have to do with weight, so I mean if hypothetically we were allowed 20 bucks.

say you bought a toy fo 18 something and with tax it was close to 20
then to mail it was another 5 bucks, would that be considered going over the given budget?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
It's usually just a guideline, going a buck or two over or under the limit isn't such a big deal, at least i don't think so.

It's mostly so nobody feels bad about sending out gift that was worth $5 and getting one worth $30 or something.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah it does have to do with weight, so I mean if hypothetically we were allowed 20 bucks.

say you bought a toy fo 18 something and with tax it was close to 20
then to mail it was another 5 bucks, would that be considered going over the given budget?
Not at all :)

The limit is set for like Aidan said, if someone wants to go over it it's entirely up to them. But it's understandable that some people just can't afford to send out Aspen collars to someone ;).

·
Registered
315 Posts
So I think everyone involved should list some things their dogs like, cant have, collar size, size of dog, ect ect. so that someone doesnt end up getting someone something that doesnt fit or is too small/too big for the dog to play with.

For pple that dont yet have a dog should list what kind of dog they are getting, and if its a poodle specify whether its a standard, mini, or toy.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I think everyone involved should list some things their dogs like, cant have, collar size, size of dog, ect ect. so that someone doesnt end up getting someone something that doesnt fit or is too small/too big for the dog to play with.

For pple that dont yet have a dog should list what kind of dog they are getting, and if its a poodle specify whether its a standard, mini, or toy.
Yes all this will be taken care of once we find out who's all willing to participate :).

If you guys want I'll be happy to organize everything. I know someone mentioned that a mod should but if the mods don't want to I'll be happy to take care of it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
We do a regular christmas exchange every year on a horse forum that I moderate. We've had pretty good success with our secretsanta....you just have to get the active members to do it, have everybody sign up...and have one person piece the whole thing together.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Also who ever is going to be incharge and assign everyone a person to give a gift might wanna take a wishlist [after we establish a price] so that if someone has no clue what to get their assigned person they can get some ideas from the leader without going to the person and asking what they would want.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Also who ever is going to be incharge and assign everyone a person to give a gift might wanna take a wishlist [after we establish a price] so that if someone has no clue what to get their assigned person they can get some ideas from the leader without going to the person and asking what they would want.
Thats a good idea, I don't know some of the newer memebers really at all now since I've been absent so a list of ideas might be helpful.

I'd have to wait until closer to christmas before deciding as well, though I would love to do it. I don't want to commit though only to find myself with doctors orders not to work and then be broke.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Isn't shipping and handling determined by size and weight of the packages? I've never shipped that much so I can't quite remember how it's done..
use the flat rate boxes you can get at the postal service. It's three or four dollars for up to seventy pounds I believe. "If it fits it ships."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts