Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just adopted the most beautiful red miniature poodle--there is a photo of him as my user pic. He was a breeder surrender and is about a year and a half old. We are having a hard time coming up with a name for him. He is very shy but becoming more playful and outgoing as each day goes by. We thought perhaps Theo or Jasper might work? Does anyone have other good suggestions?

Also, he is extremely picky about treats. Can anyone suggest a good treat? He has turned down every single dog biscuit style treat that we have offered. I thought that maybe tripe treats might work?

Thanks,
Maureen

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Congrats on your new baby. He is very cute. The only thing I know that a dog usually wont turn down is those bacon strips or sausages you by at like target or walmart. They aren't the best treats to feed every day but I think good enough for a picky eater. Ecspecially since he is new, its good to find something they really like to help them warm up to you.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Did he already have a name? If so were you wanting to come up with something that sounded similar?

My boy is 9 months and had been named Monkey.....we just got him 2 weeks ago and immediatly changed that to Mikey. lol The ladies kids named him. Kids think of some funny names for dogs. lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hehe, one of my dogs name is Monkey =D Not my poodle, my chihuahua. I've named all of my animals after other animals so I've had a cat named Llama and I plan on getting a poodle named Bunny in the future :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Beautiful baby!! I like to name my dogs after characters from TV shows or movies. How long have you had him? The picky eating may be from stress. It usually takes a few weeks to adjust to a new home. If not you may just have a picky eater. One of my standards is that way although he loves fresh veggies. Go figure.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
What a beautiful color! I like Flame - try going on line to see if you can come up with a name. I names my red female poodles Gingerbread - Ginger for short. Some of my family say I should have named her Gingersnap! lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts