Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I know it's been ages since I've posted, very sorry I'm just super busy!

My new job has me working an INSANE schedule that is never set in stone, and I'm also trying to book a concert so I barely have time to myself anymore! Any free time I get is usually spent taking care of Belle and walking her to the park :).

Belle was spayed on August 21st and she's been doing fine. They have her on pain medication which I've already managed to spill all over the darn counter, luckily was able to save enough to last her since they told us to only keep her on it for 5 days :).

I had to take her to work with me yesterday since nobody would be home to take care of her and I was only going for a half day, 3-5:30.

My boss and co-workers absolutely LOVE her and want her to come back, but I don't think she'll be going in with me as often as they would like for her to LOL!

I took her to work with me a few times before she was spayed so that she would be familiar with the place incase I would ever have to take her in with me after her surgery, and she wouldn't be stressed. During the first time, I decided to take advantage of the grooming room and give my rather dirty toy poodle a bath during my lunch hour.

So I did so, and she was good in the tub which was definitely a plus. She hated the force dryer, but didn't fight me too much. And I at first started with a barely long haired poodle..when i was done I had myself a giant cotton ball! And this cotton ball liked to give dirty looks too..she was not happy! Me, however, I couldn't stop laughing!

The next day I got a text from mom saying, "Belle looks good." and again, I went into a freaking laughing fit because to this day, I can't get the image of poof princess out of my head!

Since she's 11 months now, I'm beginning to start the process of switching her to adult food. We've chosen pedigree as the best choice because that's what our last 2 were on, and that's also what they feed the dogs at the boarding kennel where I work at.

She still goes to the park to see her little boyfriend, Louie. And now since my job has me getting up in the morning, she gets to see him in the morning sometimes too! I let Belle out first thing every morning, and sometimes Louie's mommy is walking him and will stop to say hello!

In fact, now they're so used to seeing each other that when I do take Belle to the park, she'll sit by the swing set and stare at Louie's house waiting for him. If he doesn't come out before we go, she'll whine and look back until the house is no longer in sight.

Now that Belle is sore, I haven't been taking her to the park. So when I went by myself two days ago, Louie came out and looked at me like, "Where's Belle?" It was so cute yet so sad :(!

Anyway, no pics this time! I intend to get some new shots once she's groomed and not a gimp! LOL!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I'm glad to hear you two are doing well. It sounds like she is recovering quickly. How sweet that she has such a good friend in Louie. It sounds like he adores her and has a lot of fun.

I wish you had a picture of the cotton ball! I can imagine a big (little) ball of fluff with those precious sad eyes looking up at you.

Thanks for dropping in. Hope to see some pictures soon. Keep us updated on her recovery. I'm personally curious how long it takes for her to feel normal again, so I can get an idea what it will be like when I take little Zulee.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far she's still a bit sore but it doesn't seem to bother her as much. Only when she wants to jump on the couch does it really bother her. She'll look at me to pick her up cuz she doesn't want to jump up there herself.

Her stitches get removed on either sept 1st or sept 2nd.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts