Poodle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to the July PF Photo Contest! We have three fun categories this month:

1) Fashion Poodles! - Your poodle or poodle-mix is accessorized! A scarf, bow or ribbon, sunglasses, hat, rain boots, a little skirt, a floppy hat, bow or neck tie, a fancy-schmancy collar, bling necklaces, whatever!

2) Country Poodles! - The background setting of this/these photos could be a shot at the farm or a barn, a dip in a lake, a run thru the woods, hunting, at a country fair, whatever makes one think of a rural or country area.

3) Town & City Poodles! These can be, but do not have to be, shots of "pretty" places; they can reflect the gritty city life, which may be an interesting contrast to the natural beauty of the poodle.

The background setting of this/these photos could be a street view, a store, mall, museum, outdoor cafe, place of worship, school, your poodle tied to lamppost at a gas station or convenience store, in front of an abandoned building, in front of grafitti on a wall, at the subway, next to a statue or landmark in the town or city where you live or are visiting, etc. Signs and passerby in the background are fine.

Note: Please take a friend if you're getting a shot in a rough or transient part of town and be careful if there is traffic in the area! Be mindful and use common sense for you and your poodle's safety to avoid a tragedy.

You may enter in only one category, and submit 1 to 3 photos. We need at least two entries by contestants in any category to make it competitive; if there is only one entry in a category, that contestant will receive an Honorary Award and still get the screensaver gifts.

Submit your July Contest photos on this thread. Please include your poodle or poodle-mix's name.

Entries are accepted thru the end of Sunday July 22 at 11:59 PM whether you live on the East or West Coast. The Voting Poll begins on Monday and will run one week, followed by awards and screensaver gifts.

Registered
I'm entering Babykins in the Country Poodles.

OMG, I'm embarrassed to show this photo.

We went on vacation and left Babykins with my daughter on her horse farm. You can see her rough collie and barn cat are staying well out of trouble....... but not Babykins - she plowed right into that mud puddle and wallowed. Very proud of her self. And she did it every day she was there..... We went back for July 4th holiday and she did it again.

To be fair, it's extremely hot outside and Babykins runs a lot. The rough collie lies down in the grass and Babykins runs circles around her. Wallowing in the mud helped cool her down. Needless to say she had a bath multiple times a day in the barn. She was lucky, this is due to heavy rains that supersaturated the ground and caused serious flooding in the area.

No horses were harmed by this photo taking opportunity.... they were in the barn eating their meal. My daughter was out in the field picking up horse poop - that's when the dogs are allowed in the pastures.

Attachments

Registered
Here's two more photos of Babykins enjoying the farm life.....

Attachments

Registered
Poodlebeguiled's country poodles, Matisse and Maurice on hikes to a Puget Sound beach and to the river.

Finn's mom...same here. I never understand how to do these things right. I use to be able to from Photobucket but they've locked me out because I refuse to go along with their sudden decision to charge for the use. Grrrr. Hopefully, Vita can fix these. :love2:

Edit by Vita: Fixed :) Now they aren't turned on their side :)

Attachments

Premium Member
Town & City

Edited by Vita: Per the one-category-only entry rule, Molly selected to go with her Fashion Category entry on Post 11 and save this photo for another time.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #13
Announcement

Hi! I just noticed that we have two contestants who entered in two categories! I love the pics but I'm so sorry to remind everyone of the rule on Post 1 that you can only enter in one category. The reason for this is so more members have a chance at winning.

The last day for entries is this Sunday at 11:59pm, so if you submitted in two or all categories, please PM me on which category you decide by Sunday. If I don't hear from you by then, I'll flip a coin and decide.

Vita

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.