Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking Jackbradshaw events found a Poodle only show ;)
The poodle club of Socal will be hosting it. There should be a lot of poodles

07/02/09

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
haha Roxy!!! Im down to make the 5.5 hr drive but not to lose. lol

That show will have so many handler's it wouldnt even be funny. I plan to get Sting out AKC right about that time but honestly, I think it would be a waste for me. Luckily, you live in the area and so you better atleast attend that show if you dont enter.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha Roxy!!! Im down to make the 5.5 hr drive but not to lose. lol

That show will have so many handler's it wouldnt even be funny. I plan to get Sting out AKC right about that time but honestly, I think it would be a waste for me. Luckily, you live in the area and so you better atleast attend that show if you dont enter.
I will probably be a spectator lol. Its in the area of me but its still far lol I think 1.5hrs or 2? LA traffic is a Bitch !

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
What's really the harm in entering and losing? Maybe you'll get some amazing feedback to help with future shows.

The same reason I think all dog groomers should compete. Even if you just started! It doesn't matter if you're not up to par, as long as you learn something it's not a wasted trip.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's really the harm in entering and losing? Maybe you'll get some amazing feedback to help with future shows.

The same reason I think all dog groomers should compete. Even if you just started! It doesn't matter if you're not up to par, as long as you learn something it's not a wasted trip.

Well honetly my sister and I are still students and money is tight , I rather keep the entry fee and learn some tips for free from some top breeders :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Well honetly my sister and I are still students and money is tight , I rather keep the entry fee and learn some tips for free from some top breeders :)
There's a method to the madness.....!! LOL

Money for a trip and entry is my problem too. When I have it I am entering Billy in a show no matter how many are competing. He and I both need to have the experience and there's not better way than that.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Its a show you really shouldnt miss out on. They critique your dog so you know what they like or dislike about them. Most shows are understanding of newbies, just let them know you are new and they will be a bit nicer to you :D

I have seen newbies go into big shows and still come out with good awards/prizes.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There's a method to the madness.....!! LOL

Money for a trip and entry is my problem too. When I have it I am entering Billy in a show no matter how many are competing. He and I both need to have the experience and there's not better way than that.
Yeah I hear yah that why we will be doing UKC this month to get our feet wet.

CA is a big divison and we have more poodles here so competition is steap

I emailed some top handler and breeders and all agreed to help us so that is our free lessons lol. Chris Bailey is super nice and I can not wait to get help from her. One of her dogs placed at the PCA.

Allan Chambers is going to talk to us this weekend !
there is a AKC show this weekend but we missed the deadline so we will be there for viewing.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Its a show you really shouldnt miss out on. They critique your dog so you know what they like or dislike about them. Most shows are understanding of newbies, just let them know you are new and they will be a bit nicer to you :D

I have seen newbies go into big shows and still come out with good awards/prizes.
I wish I have seen that more often then not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts